“GOOD VALUE AND VERY WELCOMING”
Review of L'Antica Brace

L'Antica Brace
Ranked #314 of 1,192 Restaurants in Catania
Price range: US$20 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I had two lunches and a dinner in my short stay in Catania. I am a great fan of spaghetti with clams which I enjoyed on all three occasions. The bruschetta with tuna, tomatoes and black olives was generous and very appetizing. The glass of house white was also generous and good value. I sat outside which is shaded. Recommended.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Worst red house wine ever. After talking to the waiter I got a lesson in wine tastes. I was offered another glass of red wine. A better one this time. Unfortunately this one was at least as bad. The explaination of the waiter this time was that wine taste is very individual.... both house wine and the on top glass was on the bill. What a pity to have such an experience in italy. By the way... Pizza Norma was really delicious.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Molto buono!! Amazing food and fair price. The waiter was really kind and helpful with our beginner Italian

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We found this place on an evening stroll. It was empty but the menu looked good and the waiter was attentive and helpful, his English was excellent. The prices were very very reasonable. The food was great - we ate the fish of the day and a horse steak specialty. The house wine was OK. It was Halloween so the dessert was given a scary theme.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Nice cafe with outdoor seating on sidewalk. Staff was attentive and service was good. Diverse menu , coming from US not a fan to see Horse meat on menu , but obviously it's a different culture. We stuck to salad and pasta .