All reviews train station hotel is situated wifi street tv
Reviewed 14 July 2016

The Rigel hotel is ideally placed for people that don't like the hustle and bustle of a loud city. The train and inter city bus station are only a stone throw away and in the vicinity are a couple of great trattorias and shops which are very competitively priced. It's good for relaxation and the rooms are above average. Also good for families with kids !

Room tip: Yes, I recommend a room with a view !
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2016

This hotel is perfectly located for visitors arriving by bus or train. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. Its unique feature is the pleasant and helpful attitude of the management. I have stayed here several times and Giuseppe at the front desk has been unfailingly friendly and courteous. It is just what you need in a sometimes difficult environment and I'm so glad it's there!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Rigel H, Responsabile reception at Rigel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Thank you very much, we really appreciate that!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2016

Clean, Quiet, good breakfast and great front desk. I took a lot of day trips from Catania, and this hotel was a real gem. If I had not booked my last days in Catania before I would have stayed all 6 days there.

Room tip: I had room 11 and it was great. Quiet, nice shower and really big for the price.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
nacurranza, Responsabile reception at Rigel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2016

Reviewed 14 March 2016

The best thing about this hotel is the wonderful service. The man at the front desk was extremely helpful in every way. The room was very clean and adequate.

If you come with a car parking is difficult as the garage they recommend is not terribly convenient. We were fortunate to find on-street parking with no mishap to the car.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rigel H, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Rigel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Thank you very much, we hope see you again
best regards
Giuseppe

Reviewed 2 December 2015

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough for their service, assistance and care throughout a terrible ordeal that was happening to my family. My mum had a terrible accident whilst we were on holiday in Sicily and ended up in intensive care in the Garibaldi Hospital in Catania. She spent nearly 4 weeks in an induced coma and had a number of life threatening conditions in that time. The Rigel Hotel was where both my dad and I and other members of the family called home during this time. All of the staff knew what was happening and they could not have been any kinder or accommodating during this awful experience for us. Every morning we were met with a smile and a genuine concern for my mum, who they'd never even met. Nothing was too much trouble for them, they all went over and above what you would expect from a hotel to help us out and we can't thank them enough for what they did for us. During what was an extremely busy time for them as a hotel they made sure that we all had a bed for the night by checking us out early one day to get the room cleaned for the long haul bus drivers that used the room during the day to sleep and then re-cleaning the room to allow us to check back in the evening, doubling the workload that they had for that day. They helped us email and scan important medical information to the doctors in Scotland when we were arranging an air ambulance to repatriate mum home; found room for other family members when they flew over and even put an extra bed in our room for my sister when she flew over the day we found out mum had gone into kidney failure and may not last the night. I'm so happy to say that my mum is making a great recovery and although she is still in hospital, we hope she may be out for Christmas. Thanks to Giuseppe and the team at Hotel Rigel they made a terrible time for my family that bit better. An absolutely fantastic hotel with the kindest and caring staff I've ever come across.

Date of stay: September 2015