“The Art of Keeping the Traditions”

Centropanificazione Monteleone Rocca Doria
Ranked #11 of 56 things to do in Sassari
Reviewed 4 June 2017

This museum is teaching us the art of keeping the traditions. The main attraction there is the passion of the volunteers, the soul and the energy they use to let us, tourists, to understand what Sardinia is really about.
The view is great, the town of Monteleone is a very old and with a dramatic history.

All reviews
"ride"
"sardinia"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

We visited it on our Holidays and we got a brilliant tour of this facinating bread museum. Even the younger boys were amazed at the ammount of things you can do with bread ie: dolls egg holders plates.ect... would recomend a visit.....

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this beautiful hilltop town and their wonderful bread museum. Their artistic skills creating intricate designs with dough are truly exceptional and unparalleled by anything I have seen anywhere in the world. Best of all, from their kitchen they gave me cookies which were the most delicious cookies I've ever had in my life. And I used to own a baking business. Humbling! If you like bread, you can not miss visiting this place.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

I cannot recommend this highly enough. My children (12 & 13) & I visited on the Tui Local Favourites tour today & were enchanted. Really interesting & very professionally run by a dedicated team including Barbara, Tomasina & Maria. Their dedication to keeping alive local traditions which date back centuries should be supported by all Sardinians, in fact I feel inspired by their example

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We went on a TUI excursion and when we knew we were going to see a bread museum we were a little bewildered . But what a find its an old Sardinian tradition to make jewellery, bridal flowers anything to celebrate there is a bread ornament made. A lot of which you can not believe is bread (not the traditional eating kind of course) We also saw the children involved in making these intricate pieces and Barbara our Guide was very knowledgeable. The tour ended with a glass of the local Mirto and acquired taste and a biscuit that looked like a very large "jammy dodger" but tasted very good. The views are stunning as this village sits on the top of the mountain and the coach had to negotiate the bends as the road winds its way to the top. It overlooks the only man made lake in Sardinia and hosts free rock climbing every year for the very brave. Do not miss out on this trip