All reviews via roma quirky hotel on arrival wonderful bathroom local artists wifi signal cakes and pastries fresh fruit enjoyable stay worked perfectly stayed here for one night lovely boutique high ceilings the air conditioning old city harbour key
Reviewed 26 June 2016

We selected this hotel looking into it's photo from which we expected to get room with balcony..When we approached hotel by taxi the receptionist met us at the entrance,took our luggage and gave key to the lift to get to third floor where reception is.When we entered our room there was no balcony.But the guy showed us very special private smoking area with nice table and a lot of flowers...Room was full of various pieces of art and even ancient gramophone was there.But it was football European championship going on so we started looking for TV channels to watch the game.No chance: even receptionist could not make TV working so we left with nothing! Extra "specialty " was huge ventilator switching on and off in smoking room which caused some discomfort at night.Breakfast room looked marvelous,maybe too much amenities and pieces of art inside..Breakfast was perfect and staff was extremely pleasant.So this hotel for those who like very special one.

Room Tip: Stay in 3rd floor better
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2016

The 12 rooms of this tiny odd hotel occupy the whole third floor of the splendid seafront Palazzo Devoto, right next to a small church. Thus the entrance is rather confusing - you need to ring for the staff to come down and take you by the small lift to the hotel. After that you will get the key that operates the lift.

The location is excellent, opposite the marina and above the long arcade with range of restaurants and bars all round.

Parking is a bit of a hit and miss as only the strip closest to the hotel is free of charge and this is typically packed with cars.

Inside you get that cluttered feeling everywhere as if owners did not like empty spaces. The breakfast room/lounge feels very cramped and space is sacrificed for two rather unnecessary book-cases and esoteric yet impractical furniture, like the glass coffee table raised about 5 inches from the floor…

There are a couple of open “courtyards” on the reception side with suitable garden furniture, tightly arranged into the available space.

Rooms are of standard size yet in keeping with the character of the hotel, also rather eccentric-looking. They have heavy shutters on the windows that blocked all the noisy traffic outside. Bathrooms offer only showers and are rather small.

Breakfast was quite standard with good selection of fruit.

Definitely a place with a difference, worth staying if only for its inimitable experience.

Room Tip: Rooms 9 and 10 overlook the marina
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2016

I wanted to give myself a treat with the art hotel but this experience was very disappointing. The hotel is located on a 3rd floor without free accessible elevator, so I had to carry my luggage upstairs. The staircase needs renovation and cleaning. The reception area looks clotted, not charming. My room was located behind the reception desk (#18). I like the artworks and the concept of the hotel and perhaps they might have also nice rooms. My room was dark, small and dingy, the furniture worn with an old rug on the tile floor and no closet, only shelves. The window leads to a small light shaft inside the building which hosts garbage bins and air-condition units. No view whatsoever. The bathroom had a bad odor, the shower stall was very small. I couldn't avoid the shower curtain sticking to my body.
When I saw the room I asked the receptionist whether I could leave because of the low standard of the room. He insisted on their cancellation policy and refused to contact the manager. So I stayed for one night according to their policy and left the next morning for my usual 4 star hotel around the corner... which was significantly less expensive.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank zyklade
MiramareBotiqueHotel, Direttore at Hotel Miramare, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear Mrs. L.S.M.,
thank you for choosing our hotel.
We are very sorry for your bad experience.
We would like to contact you directly. We would like to offer you a good remedy.
Our contact is info@hotelmiramarecagliari.it
Best Regards
Martin

Reviewed 24 December 2015

The hotel is in the perfect location close to all the hotels and restaurants. The best rooms look out towards the harbour. This time my room was on the small side, but comfortable. The breakfasts are great and the staff are very professional and friendly. The wifi was a bit temperamental, but otherwise great value for money.

Room Tip: Request harbour view
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 5 November 2015

a great little hotel occupying one floor of a historic building in Cagliari's via Roma (just in front of the marina and 3 minutes on foot from the Cagliari train station) - high-ceilinged, charming rooms, great breakfast, panoramic view of the marina in front rooms (note, however, that via Roma is a busy street so if you prefer quiet, go for the back rooms rather) and - most importantly - excellent staff

Room Tip: front rooms have great views but are rather lound (busy street) - if you prefer quieter, go for one of the back rooms
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo