All reviews across the road pine trees pizza alghero town half board the bus pool area la pergola mini market hotel bars card payment system table tennis old town minute walk lovely beach cakes air con
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from this hotel and was pleasantly surprised.

After reading some of the reviews I was feeling a little apprehensive.

Let me tell you that there is no rip off charge for the card that is used, you pay a deposit of 5 euros which is returned when you pay the balance on check out. There is no service charge as extra to pay. We found this much easier than having to pay with cash for everything and you also get a total on your receipt so that you can keep a check on how much you have spent.

The food is absolutely gorgeous. Ok if you're expecting chips with everything typical all inclusive food, forget it! But if you appreciate traditional Italian cuisine and enjoy trying different food then you will love it! I think I've gained some weight as I wanted to try everything because it all looked so good and believe me it tasted as good as it looked! The desserts was beautiful, you didn't get a large choice of desserts but there was also fresh fruit. We had tiramisu, panna cotta, a lovely wafer, chocolate and creamy mouse dessert which were Devine. Also there was nut brittle one night, OMG heaven!

We found the staff to be very polite and friendly. Ok, we did ask to be moved in the dining room as an Italian family decided to leave the children on a separate table so they were causing havoc at the side of us whilst the parents were having a nice chat and meal without them!!
Don't get me wrong I love kids and if they are not checked then they will misbehave but I did not like the fact that we were having to put up with them every time we dined. So we asked to be moved and that resolved that! The manager in the restaurant is very chatty with the Italian guests and not as so with us British however he was pleasant enough so this was not a problem. There is a lot of care and passion that has gone into the food prep and presentation so this is to be commended. The young lady who served us for our evening meal was a lovely pleasant lass and we did tip her as she was so friendly and this adds to a making of a special holiday. I regret that we did not get her name. It makes a big difference if the staff are accommodating and smile!

The rooms are a little dated but clean and have everything you need so this was not a problem. We had a pool view and it was cleaned daily with fresh towels. Also the beds where ok and not hard as some have quoted.

The chain for the sunbeds is open at 9.30am every morning but it isn't the usual ratrace! There are a few that wait and put towels on but generally there are plenty of sunbeds for everyone. They have a sunshade for your face too which is very handy.

The beach is across the road and although very busy as it was the Sardinian holidays, was lovely.

There is a mini market at the side if the hotel which has wines, beers, water, snacks, food etc which you pay with cash.

The entertainment is lacking, there is a singer 3 times a week but not many people stay on the hotel in the evening. The old town Alghero is lovely and it is a shame that the hotel isn't nearer as we would have probably gone every night if it was. It is about a 40-45 minute walk. You can get a bus but times vary and the taxis are 10 euros however one did try to charge us more. I have to say the Sardinian people in the town are very friendly but the taxi drivers are something else! Very grumpy and there are no rules for using mobiles whilst driving so one was texting away whilst driving and another was chatting away and needed to break sharply when pedestrians where crossing!

The Thompson reps where all friendly and helpful also!

Overall don't be put off with the reviews as it is a family friendly hotel and also great for couples.

So enjoy!

Ciao

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank mhazy
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Nice enough hotel but quite dated and many parts tired.

Lovely pools and pool areas and opposite the best beach Mia Pia and (best restaurant as far as we are concerned) La Palafita (on the beach).

Staff were helpful enough and rooms cleaned regularly with beds and towels changed regular too. Our apartment seemed quite expensive for the level of quality. Kitchen could have been cleaner on our arrival and the tap was leaking. It's also ideal to be able to plug a kettle into a safe area in the kitchen.

Beware the apartment blocks are very echoey and so you hear everything from your neighbours apartments and you have to be mindful to creep around yourself. Some pads on the dining room chairs would help a little with the noise.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2016

We stayed in the apartment part of the Hotel. It was only me and my boyfriend so the apartment had more than enough room for the both of us. I think the apartment is made for about 4-5 people, so we had like 3 unused beds. It was fresh, cleaned every third day (I think), and had all the basics you needed to make breakfast and cook lunch. If you can, bring a sponge for dishes and some detergent (washing-up liquid), they do sell both in the mini-market, but only big packagings, so bring as much as you think you'll need, unless you want to buy it of course. I do advise you to bring a fly swat, if you are easily annoyed by flies. We did shop at the mini-market the first day there, and then we did buy a few more things from it, whenever we needed one or two things. But on the third day we went about 1,5 kilometers towards the town, to ISA which is a supermarket. It is a bit cheaper there and they have a lot more stuff to offer. It's definitely worth the walk for bigger purchases.

The hotel is quite far away from the old town of Alghero, I think about 3 kilometers, and takes about 25-30 minutes to walk there. We walked there every night except one, and the walk was worth it. In town they had great view, great restaurants and cute stores everywhere. You can take a cab to town and back if you feel like it, but every ride costs about 10-13 Euro.

The pool areas a fresh, but we only used one of them (the one right outside the apartments). It was great. Clean, neat and had the things you need. The restaurant served pretty good food, but you do need a special card that you get in the reception to pay every purchase made on the hotel bars/restaurants.

The staff working on the hotel, and the whole area is really friendly and kind, they are also super helpful. From everything between rental cars, excursion, ordering of a cab, directions and so on. They helped us a lot and made the stay very pleasant. Great staff.

The only bad thing I have to say about this hotel is their Wi-Fi signal. You couldn't get online during the days because it was too many people trying, or too many people online at the same time. Which is kind of a problem, since you do share it with every hotel/apartment guest. We couldn't log on, except on the evenings between 00-01, if we were lucky we got online sometime in the afternoon but could barely do anything with it. Nighttime was only time the signal was strong enough to send an email, upload a picture or similar things. Maybe me and my boyfriend had extra bad luck, but the Wi-Fi wasn't really impressive, quite the disappointment actually.

All in all, I'm very pleased with our stay here. Mostly because of the staff but also the placement of the hotel. Even if it's a bit far from the town, I think it was a great place. It's so close to the Maria Pia beach, which was me and my boyfriends favorite beach to stay at. Such a beautiful beach with great lunch places, and great sunbed rentals. It was crystal clear water and white fine sand. Great, great, great!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fiaberggren
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Rooms are fine. We have stayed in far more luxurious ones but as we go on holiday to see the area and spend most of our time on the beach the fact that the rooms have plenty of space, a fridge, safety deposit box, good air conditioning, are cleaned and towels changed every day is fine by us. The beds were very hard it has to be said but not unbearable!!

The food. A good range of food in the evenings. Breakfast was the same every day but there was a good enough choice. As a vegetarian I had plenty to eat and the quality of the food was far better than some hotels we have stayed in where there is a far wider range.

The beach. Is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful white sand. Clear blue sea. It was very busy as it was the Italian holiday weekend/season but we rented sunbeds at the Delphino. Masimo and the other staff there were fantastic. You can book your sunbeds each day, for the next day. We paid €18 for two beds and an umbrella each day. The bar is the most beautiful place to sit at the end of the day and watch the sun go down.

The town. Alghero Town is beautiful. About a 45 minute stroll to the town from the hotel. The restaurants are very reasonably priced with a great range of menus. We took the train around the town for €5 each to get the lay of the land and find out some of the history. Lots of little shops, beautiful churches. It's absolutely lovely.

Alghero is a lovely place to visit. We would not hesitate to visit again and would happily stay at Oasis. The staff throughout the hotel are very helpful and answered any queries that we had to the extent that one of the reception staff came to fix our air conditioning at midnight when it stopped working! We would recommend a stay there. Just to clarify some reviews quote a €3 charge for all transactions. This is not the case. We queried this having read previous reviews on Trip Advisor. There are no charges for using the cards that are issued to purchase drinks etc in the hotel. You have to pay €5 deposit but this is returned at the end of your stay. There are charges if you want to use the safety deposit in your room and if you want the air conditioning but they are really reasonable charges. Wifi is OK - you can get on the Internet, speed isn't great, yes you have to keep re entering the code but you should really be on the beach anyway!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank jfmanchester2016
Reviewed 19 August 2016

Really nice stay. Rooms fairly basic and wifi a little painful, but the hotel was lovely, staff very friendly. The food was delightful and such a great location for a 2minute walk to beautiful beaches and 40 minute walk to Alghero.

It did make us laugh watching the guests out every morning putting their towels down, but when we wanted it we always found a bed and we spent most of the time out on the beach....

• Trip type: Travelled with family