All reviews croissants sea view old town quiet area air con stayed two nights huge balcony rooftop terrace would stay again nice breakfast continental breakfast rooms are spacious per night walking distance pizza fridge beaches
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We spent in the hotel only one night but everything was perfect. The staff is absolutely friendly and helpful. The room was really big with air conditioning and a huge terrace. No problem for parking the car close to the hotel. Good and rich breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank simonapascalis
Sandro_Delias, Direttore generale at Hotel Villa Piras, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Simona,
Thank you for taking the time to review the stay at the VP and thank you especially for the nice words of expenses.
I'm glad I enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of the property.
Finally, I would like to thank you for appreciating the courtesy and professionalism of my teammates, the true engine of the company, who thankfully thank you.
In the hope of returning our welcoming guest as soon as possible I send the best regards also from the whole staff.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We booked the Villa Piras hotel in Alghero due to its short distance to the old town, on their website it was stated as being half a kilometre away. It's actually 1 km to the tower, which takes approximately 20 minutes and to get into the centre of the old town or the port is another 10 minutes.... so it's a fair distance to walk several times a day. Me and my friend are fit and able to do so, but it really wouldn't be suitable if you were elderly or had young children. It was a misleading description...
When we arrived at the hotel we were shown to a room that looked nothing like the photos on Booking.com... it was so basic it reminded me of a hostel...and this was £90 per night without breakfast!! The wardrobe had a hanging rail about 12 inches wide(not suitable for 2 ladies with 20kg of luggage each!) but the height of the rail was about 7 feet.... apart from standing on a chair we would never have been able to reach it! We were found another room which was slightly better but still not like we assumed we would have.... we had a large L shaped balcony with plastic table and chairs... and the view was apartment blocks!
On our second night we arrived back at the hotel at 1am and the main doors were locked and nobody was at reception so we knocked on the doors and rang reception about 20 times before we realised we were locked out... we had visions of sleeping in the garden and as we were looking around we came across another door at the side that fitted the key.., thankfully we got back to our room, but it was distressing. When I complained the following morning, I was told it was explained to me at check in... but it definitely wasn't!!
Another problem I had was there was no safe in the room... you could use the reception safe for money, passports and jewellery but it was time consuming several times a day as there was only ever one receptionist working.... also I worried about the safety of this method as we could see where the safe key was hidden!
Another day I asked where I could get ice cubes from which I assume is a standard question for a guest in a 3* hotel, I was told there were none and it was suggested I buy a bag of ice cubes in Alghero and carry them back!!! A 30 minute walk in 30 degrees!!!
The positives....
The bedroom and bathroom were kept very clean
The air con was very efficient
The shower gel etc was replaced daily
The staff were polite and helpful
Summary...
We were mislead by the hotels description of its location.... and it didn't justify the cost without breakfast...
Nonetheless we loved Alghero and would return, but stay in the old town..

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sandro_Delias, Direttore generale at Hotel Villa Piras, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Mrs andreawhite1, just to tell you that we have sent our lawyers in order to protect us from the defamatory statements in his review.
With best regards

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Close to everything and far enough away to enjoy quieter times.
For a 3 star Hotel it is a stand out. Great buffet breakfast, spacious clean rooms, huge bathroom, lots of cupboard space, spa on rooftop terrace and other recreation areas. Staff were very helpful and extremely friendly and welcoming.

Room tip: We had a west facing room with huge double windows with a distant view of the ocean
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sandro_Delias, Direttore generale at Hotel Villa Piras, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Very nice Tony,
I am glad I enjoyed the location of the property as well as the cleanliness, the international breakfast products, our beautiful panoramic terrace with spa and not least the courtesy and availability of my staff.
In the hope of returning our welcome guest as soon as possible I send the best regards also from the whole staff.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

the People who work there are very friendly and welcoming. They try to help you wherever they can. Nice breakfast. Everyone smiled at us, VERY friendly staff.
Alghero is beautiful. The Location of the Hotel is good. There is a very good Pizzeria under the Hotel.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel_Villa_Piras, Proprietario at Hotel Villa Piras, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Gentlemen, Mrs Nathalie,
We are happy that the stay at Villa Piras has met its expectations.
I appreciate, in particular, with great pleasure the appreciation for the comfort and panoramic view of our rooms and, above all, for the courtesy shown by my collaborators.
Come back to us as soon as possible, we will be happy to welcome you in the best way.
Yours sincerely thanks to all the staff.
Sandro Delias

Reviewed 21 April 2017

We had a perfect room fore a very good price. The hotel was situated in the centre of Algehero.
I slept very well. We sit on the balcony and enjoyed the sun looking at the see. The employees were vry friedly. Everything was okay.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hotel_Villa_Piras, Proprietario at Hotel Villa Piras, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Gentlemen, Mr. Hansgeven,
We are happy that the stay at Villa Piras has met its expectations.
Yours sincerely thanks to all the staff.
Sandro Delias