1,194 results
All reviews star hotel free soft drinks sea view mini bar executive room pool area old town lovely hotel bottle of champagne plenty of sunbeds pool attendant reception staff breakfast was excellent salt water pool towels large balcony half board
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I travelled here as part of my 2018 travels (this was my 10th European destination and hotel this year!), and what I can say is it could be deemed as a close to perfect as you could wish for. From the minute I checked in (early as I landed at 9,30am!), rather than the normal 'you are early so no check in', the staff welcomed me, offered me a room to change in and politely advised my room wasnt ready but I was welcome to use the facilities. Prior to booking, as always, I had requested a high and quiet room, which I got. The room was beautiful and had everything you could need. The mini bar could have had more choice but still, having soft drinks free was a massive bonus - its the small things! The pool was a great size and not over crowded, and staff were generally lovely. They managed to get the balance of friendly without being overly intrusive. There was one who was an exception but hardly an issue. As I was on my own, it is important to feel as though you can ask for help if you need it and I would have been at easer doing so. The views from the hotel are outstanding, and it is close enough but far enough from the town centre to enjoy a stroll along the beautiful promenade and take in the amazing scenery. If I were to suggest anything, it would be on check in to offer you a quick guide to the area so that guests who aren't as adventurous can quickly work out their location and where to head!

Thank you thank you Carlos V - I hope to return soon for some more near perfection :-)

Room tip: Sea view would be worth it!
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Well. What can I say. The Carlos V is an absolutely superb establishment. It is clean.The staff are wonderful and the place just oozes relaxation. We paid extra to have a room overlooking the sea and with its own balcony. Absolutely the right decision. The sunsets in the early evening were breath taking and we would watch as the sun disappeared behind the cliffs on the other side of the bay. Beautiful. The room itself was really comfortable and the ladies came in everyday and made up the room for us. We had clean towels everyday and clean sheets every other day. superb. We made up our minds that this was going to be a relaxing holiday and the majority of the time was going to be spent by the pool. There were plenty of loungers and parasols to escape the mid day sun. The salt water pool was very refreshing with an adjacent bar for a cheeky beer or two and a small but tasty menu available for lunch. The bar was manned at all times by lovely Italian people who displayed that nothing was too much trouble.
The location of the hotel could not be more perfect. The Old Town of Alghero was just a maximum of 15 minute walk. Probably a lot less if you get a spurt on. But we just ambled to the town in the early evening.
I only have one criticism if you could call it that. The hotel does have its own restaurant and it is absolutely pristine. We were disappointed to see very little in the way of authentic Italian food so we didn't eat at the restaurant as we wanted to eat local dishes for our entire stay in Alghero.
All in all a wonderful place and I would have no hesitation in recommending the Carlos V to anybody. Will we be going back? You bet we will at some point.

Room tip: Room 309 was the room we had. Perfect
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank daves170
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Okay, I would have really liked to give this five-star hotel an excellent rating. It is a beautiful hotel well loved by its staff and kept as clean as any hospital. The rooms are spotless as is the public areas. The breakfast is super with a great selection of everything you could want. A small caveat to that would be that the coffee in the urn was not to my taste. The pool is very comfortable with ample beds and towels with a lifeguard on duty all day. The only fault I would have is that the service was very, very slow at the pool bar. Only one girl taking orders while every table was occupied. There were several guests around us that were waiting up to 35mins for a menu. Saying that we walked out of several restaurants as did others in our group because of the bad service. Maybe it's the Italian way. All in all, I would recommend this hotel and would return some day.

Room tip: If going again I would ask for a pool view from my balcony which is beautiful. The other balconies look out to sea.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Our second visit to beautiful old town Alghero Carlos V is a beautiful hotel with spa. Location is a short walk into the old town with breathtaking views of the sunset. It’s worth spending a little more to upgrade to an executive room or suite 5th floor sea facing are excellent rooms.

If going with a tour operator a tip is contact the hotel directly to upgrade rooms is cheaper.

Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

The Carlos V Hotel is in a great elevated location in Alghero. Our room had a gorgeous sea view out over the pool. The room was spacious and comfortable. Lovely big swimming pool and towels available. An enjoyable 15 minute walk into the old town.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple