“Find this restaurant!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Friends of ours had been to this restaurant multiple times on their trip to Venice only weeks before we arrived so we took their advice and made reservations.
Three of us dined on three different meals and desserts all of which were amazing accompanied by a delicious bottle of wine.
We decided we couldn't risk a bad meal so we went back again the next night as they opened and stayed until close.
The staff were like old friends, generous and delightful and the food..... the food! And the house wine was also tasty.
Although the desserts were delicious on the first night, I decided to have lasagne for dessert the second night because it was the best lasagne I've ever had.
I couldn't recommend this restaurant highly enough, just go.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal , highly recommend the spaghetti with seafood

Grilled fish was fresh and house wine worked well with the meal

Busy place so make a reservation

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This place was coincidentally recommended by a friend and also a local. This a small local restaurant with amazing food, value for money as you pay for what you get. We had the octopus salad, the famous ravioli and black cuttlefish. Their octopus and cuttlefish must be really fresh as it is easy to chew and super yummy. Not forgetting the ravioli, really good. I highly recommend to go to this restaurant at least once when you are in Venice.

1  Thank Buttercup207
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Really small restaurant, local staff and food. We had dinner in this restaurant in September/18 and it was really nice.

Be prepare to a sea food restaurant with a lot of local tastes.The antipasto misto is perfect to start as it brings a lot of fishes and vegetables from the lagoon.

The main dish was squid in its own ink with local polenta. This is a real tradition dish and squid was cook into perfection!

It is a really good place to know local tastes, be prepared to a small space a huge queues.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Heard about this place from Zane Lamprey of the TV show Three Sheets, Zane’s World and soon his show Four Sheets. So glad we came here! Small place but so welcoming. We made reservations through the hotel, and I would recommend doing it to guarantee a table. I had a great Prosecco and the Spaghetti alla Scagliera. It was very flavorful and fresh. I wanted to hang more and try some dessert but I was way too full. I’d recommend getting a couple of dishes and trying everything. Come with an appetite. Btw, the menu is in both Italian and English so it’s very easy to order. I only wish I spoke more Italian so I could converse with everyone there easier as they seemed to love the place.

1  Thank DrummerGelly