“So beautiful”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$870.61*
and up
Private Tour: Murano, Burano and Torcello...
Ranked #13 of 800 things to do in Venice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 23 September 2018

I stumbled upon this church by chance and I'm so glad I did. With its massive size and ornate ceilings, it is one of the highlights of my recent stay in Venice and had me saying "wow!!" when I entered. I Gesuiti is located right off Fondamente Nove, where you can catch a boat to get to Murano / Burano. An entrance fee of 1€ is requested to help in the maintenance of the church.

1  Thank FrenchCactus
"spectacular experience"
"stone work"
"worth a quick visit"
in 2 reviews
"the venice free walking tour"
"murano burano"
"st marks"
"martyrdom"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

You would never know how beautiful the inside of this building is while just looking from the street. Fortunately my boyfriend said we should stop in. We were shocked with how beautiful it was.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

A hidden gem close to Fondamenta Nove on the northern tip of the Castello district, containing paintings by Titian and Tintoretto which are easily seen. More incredible is the marble which gives the impression of textured wallpaper, and even more so, the curtain behind the pulpit which is hard to believe is really marble. Ornate ceiling and beautiful altar are bonuses for a visit which is 10 minutes from the centre, close to the vaporetto stop for Moreno and on the way to the ghetto, costs just €1, and will take as little as 10 minutes (or up to an hour if you’re so inclined) our of your trip to Venice.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Love visiting churches, each so different with so much meaning, history, and beauty. This church is very beautiful.