2,234 results
All reviews welcome drink piazzale roma eggs cooked to order complimentary buffet glass of prosecco nespresso machine train station every evening water taxi beautiful hotel pastries canal view minute walk the entire staff stayed longer lounge area our honeymoon
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

I don't usually do reviews but felt Hotel Moresco definitely deserves a "Thank You" and a better than 5 star rating. From the time we were picked up at the airport in the private high speed boat, which we highly recommend especially if you have a bit of luggage, (we reserved it directly through hotel at a discounted rate and worth every penny) and whisked away to the door of the Moresco, everything was perfect. A bellman met us and quickly handled our luggage. We were told to just go inside and relax. Room was almost ready, it was early am, so we were brought into the parlor, and offered Prosecco and a small snack. Our room was absolutely beautiful. Very very clean and view was amazing. We stayed in the Chestnut Vendor's Room, #207. The breakfast in the am had plenty of offerings, and also included eggs cooked to your liking and/or pancakes. AND make your own Mimosas! Great way to start your day. The evening snacks and happy hour also had plenty of selections and was very good. The hotel staff, every single one of them from servers to desk staff, were all so helpful and polite. The hotel location is perfect. Close to a water taxi stop and walkable to all the sights. We walked most of the time. Used the water taxi one day. It was a little quieter than staying in the hustle And bustle of everything, but with do many little side "streets" you can get anywhere within minutes. If we ever have the opportunity to visit Venice again, we will be staying at Hotel Moresco without hesitation.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Just spent five nights in Venice at this hotel and can only recommend its excellence.
Staff extremely helpful and proficient in all languages, lovely breakfast and delightful drawing room for evening drinks with complimentary nibbles and pastries.
In Dorsoudou area with plenty intimate restaurants and small bars and walking distance to train and bus station.
Enjoyable walk to Rialto and San Marco.

2  Thank duncdavidson54
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at the hotel and had paid more (average about 275 euros per night) for a superior room with a canal view. At first we were really impressed by the experience. Great welcome, happy hour was on and greeted by a welcome drink.

Our room had a really disappointing “canal” view (basically looked out onto the side of a building and a wee bit of canal, so definitely not a view). We asked if there was another room with a better view and were told the hotel was full, but that we could move the following day. Lesson number one - if you offer a room with a partial canal view, you should be honest about what you are selling.

The hotel made good on the move to a room with a better view for the second day, but not the bottle of Prosecco that was listed on our reservation paper. It seemed like a small thing, but the lady at the front desk got annoyed with us and basically said “it is for the first night only. If you stayed with us for 21 nights, you wouldn’t get 21 bottles of Prosecco.” For the cost to them of about 15 euros, it seems like a small cost to deliver what your online booking said you would do!! That was the second strike for us. And the third because she was annoyed when we asked for what we paid for in both cases.

So it’s been one disappointment after another here, which is too bad. We really wanted to love the hotel and the experience, but we won’t be staying here next time we visit Venice. I suggest you stay elsewhere too. (The Londras looked nice and comparable in price...we stopped there for a drink today).

2  Thank Julie B
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

We booked Hotel Moresco for our visit to Venice because of its proximity to the train station because we were arriving by train from Florence. What a GREAT choice, and not only because of location...it is a beautiful hotel with incredible people!!! We were greeted with the beverage of our choice while the luggage was delivered to our room. Every morning they have an amazing complimentary breakfast and every evening they have complimentary appetizers. The hotel exceeds every expectation we had. We will recommend it to anyone we know staying in Venice!! ❤️

1  Thank JudyP640
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here while I was attending a medical course in Venice for two nights.I chose it because of its convenient location to the airport bus and the fact it’s a little bit away from the main tourist areas and so is a bit quieter.

The positives: On arrival you get a free drink and snack which is very nice. The room was clean and quiet large. The bathroom is large with a good shower. There was a wide range of food on offer at breakfast.

The negative: I was put in room three which is on the ground floor and close it to the front desk and breakfast room. Breakfast starts at seven so from about six in the morning you can hear noise. You also hear people coming into the hotel at night and saying hello to the people at the front desk. If you are a heavy sleeper it probably wouldn’t bother you but if you are a light sleeper I would request not to stay in this room.

I said it to the staff on checking out ... they said if I had complained the night before that the would have moved me from the room but i got back from the conference at 8pm and had to be back at the venues at 8 am so i was just too exhausted to move room. They told me that this room was their ‘standard room ‘and not different to any other room. I disagree with this point as from a noise point of view it is much louder and has an impact on guests sleep.

Overall, I left this hotel tired and disappointed but I think I would have had a much more pleasant experience if I was staying in a different room where I could sleep properly without the breakfast and night time noise.

Trip type: Travelled on business