3,059 results
All reviews rialto bridge great location canal view water taxi st marks square deluxe room rooftop bar small canal hotel restaurant san marco marble bathroom central location pastries loved this hotel would highly recommend this hotel breakfast was included nice breakfast
Reviewed 9 November 2018

The room was spacious and nice. My original room wasn't ready upon arrival so I paid the upgrade and it was worth it. Only stayed 1 night but could of been more. Boat drop off is convenient if its not high tide otherwise you have to get off the taxi on the grand canal and walk with your bags.

Date of stay: September 2018
SplendidVenice, Direttore generale at Starhotels Splendid Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear meanskabrina,

many thanks for staying with us and for leaving such a high rating. I am very glad to read that your stay has been memorable and I would like to assure you that I will definitely address your useful feedback. I do hope to welcome you again soon at Starhotels Splendid Venice.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

The hotel, staff, and breakfast were wonderful. So convenient to all of the major sights in Venice. The nightly turn down service was nice as was the free cell phone for our use. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and hope to return one day.

Date of stay: October 2018

Dear dorothyb340,

many thanks for choosing us and for posting such a beautiful comment. I am thrilled to read that your stay has been lovely and you will recommend Starhotels Splendid Venice without hesitation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2018

entering the hotel from a boat is what Venice is all about and you will do that when you stay here. Upon entering it looks like a small hotel...clean and comfortable. It iwas the room that really surprised us. Most everything was in marble with lighting that you could change to any mood you wanted. Again the room was good size, clean, and comfortable. The hotel is within an easy walking distance to St. Marks square or the bridge. I recommend this hotel

Date of stay: December 2017

Dear Patrick,

thank you very much you for staying with us and for posting your nice comment. I am glad to hear that your time here was well spent and that you particularly enjoyed our central location. We do hope to have you again soon at Starhotels Splendid Venice.

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Everything about our stay here was above average, but definitely not jaw dropping. Rooms were beautiful, but barely functional as the queen sized bed took up the entirety of the floor plan leaving about .5m around the sides. The bathroom was nice, I’ll never understand a 1/4 shower door that barely helps keep water in the shower. Plus I guess adding a bidet makes it “upclass” but really just crowded the floor plan further. We also had to follow a long, twisting, get-lost-easy path to get to our room. By the time we got there, we felt we were 2 buildings over from where we started. Pictures on the wall in the hallway were nice, but repeated every 3-4th one.

Food buffet was tasty. Several options kept it from becoming boring, but as a buffet always does, it feels “meh” quality food. Good but not amazing.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kanen T
SplendidVenice, Direttore generale at Starhotels Splendid Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear Kanen T,

thank you very much for posting a review in regard to your recent stay. Your comment is very valuable as it helps us improving our offer. We do hope to welcome you again at Starhotels Splendid Venice in the next future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2018

Venice hotels aren't cheap so be prepared to pay a bit more if you want to be close to San Marco and Rialto but away from most of the crowds. This is a great place to stay. Our (quiet) room was indeed that, but it was entertaining to open the window and watch the canal traffic go by. Well-appointed bedroom and ensuite, tastefully decorated. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. We ate out so can't comment on any meals.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgf2012

Dear mgf2012,

I would like to thank you for choosing us and for leaving such a high rating. I am thrilled to read that your stay has been fantastic and I do hope that you will be our guest again soon at Starhotels Splendid Venice.