“fantastically atmospheric”

Ranked #14 of 827 things to do in Venice
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Accessible Opera, as though it was in your sitting room, but its a palace in Venice. Stunningly personal. Fun fun fun with 3 light and easy Operas to choose, 7 nights a week. It will make so many people's trip to Venice even more memorable.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

If you're looking for an amazing experience in an atmospheric setting then this is for you
Not only were the performers superb but the setting in a faded palazzo was just right .
Beautifully done with each act taking place in a different room , wonderful costumes and spectacular voices as well as a glass of prosecco what better way to spend an evening
even if you've never visited the opera before this is a beautiful introduction - A must see !!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,448)
All reviews
in 43 reviews
"wonderful evening"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Last week my wife and I attended a performance of Rigoletto at Palazzo Barbarigo.
This opera is one of my favourites so I know it quite well. We were not disappointed.
It was held in a very intimate setting with the singers and musicians practically a few feet away from the audience.
A very well done to all involved particularly to the soprano, Natalia Ramon (Gilda), Paolo Bergo ( Sparafucile/Monterone) and Alexandra Bohkareva (pianist).
May I suggest that proper signage indicating the way is set up away from the venue, since it is quite difficult to find the location.

1  Thank Joseph E
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I’m typically squirming in my seat during a performance while my wife is the critic - this show was satisfying for both of us. I heard the highlights of La Traviata, got to change rooms between the acts and, had Prosecco. She noted the performance, while not technically the best, was enhanced by the setting of a Venetian Palazzo. She would give a rating of 3, but since this show moved my unsophisticated heart I give it a 4. Besides every experience is elevated while in Venice.

1  Thank floh1203
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing experience at their interactive opera. Extreamely talented singers and musicians. Fantastic setting. Perfect for our honeymoon trip to Venice and first experience of Opera played out in front of our eyes and as personal as a living room. Well done Musica palazzo