“Delicious ”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Walking down the lanes, looking at menus and somewhere to enjoy our anniversary meal when we came across this venue. The menu was very intriguing and the staff weren't beckoning at us to take a table like most venues we had already discounted. Our waitress was lovely, very friendly and helpful and even kept topping up our wine and water glasses.

For starters my wife had the king prawns with leeks and garlic which looked and tasted lovely. I had the spaghetti with squid in black ink, been years since I've had black ink and it was delicious, well prepared and the squid cooked to perfection.

For mains my wife had the sliced swordfish with clams in a lobster sauce. The sauce was devine and the fish cooked as it should be. I went for the mixed fried fish, plenty of variety and cooked just right. We opted for a side plate of roasted potatoes and these were fine. The complimentary breads were good.

Somehow my good lady found space for the Apple pie which was also very good.

At no time were we rushed, the courses came out with plenty of time between them to let the previous course go down and people watch.

All in all a very enjoyable meal with great staff, really worth a visit. Looking at some of the bad reviews all I can say is that either the restaurant or the reviewer was having a bad day as we couldn't have asked for better food or service.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I usually side by side with my wife, whenever possible. The unfriendly and arrogant waiter insisted in denying us this request, even though the restaurant was totally empty inside. This was about 6 p.m., too early for an Italian restaurant to be full. Only a few tables outside were taken. When he realize we were leaving he added insult to injury by saying in English: "You know, you are not special. You sit where we tell you to sit". OK. In my book, I feel better at restaurants that consider ALL customers special.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were wrapping up a day of sight-seeing in Venice and happened upon this cafe because of the outdoor seating. We just wanted a glass of wine, but we saw the menu and decided to try the cheese platter as well as some desserts. The male host and female server we had were incredible the whole time. As we do not speak Italian our experiences vary between every restaurant and although we try to order in local languages everyone has a different reaction to tourists. The staff here made our night! They were so kind and patient, explaining each food item in detail with excitement and pride. At the end of our meal our server even topped off our wine glasses (just to be nice), which I have NEVER had before. The atmosphere for people-watching was great as it was not too crowded but certainly lively in the area. Definitely a great memory and a perfect way to end the evening in Venice!

Reviewed 27 April 2018

We were referred here by a local resident. It was soooo good that we ate there 2 nights in a row. Great local fish and other local delicacies. Great service and pricing was common with the "tourist area" of Venice.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

We found this restaurant while walking and looking for a place to have lunch. The place was nice, clean and very lovely. Great food, nicely served and waiter very welcoming.
Very modern enviorement.