“A bit disappointed after reading reviews”

La Boutique del Gelato
Ranked #37 of 98 Dessert in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Castello
Description: Telephone: 041 5223283
Reviewed 29 September 2018

The gelato here was good but not great….a bit disappointed after reviews of the array of flavors and quality.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

I guess the title says it all. I ordered 3 flavors which came in a tiny cone. It was melting strongly and the gelato fell on the ground 1 minute after I left the shop. I went back to explain that. The girl behind the counter (who wasn't very friendly) didn't apologize but did refill the same cone for free. Due to this experience I wouldn't return there. Besides there were only few flavors available and the ones I tried were nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Phil must have gotten special treatment. This wasn’t bad gelato and since we were walking by we stopped for some. But it’s not Venice’s best.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Saw this on Somebody Feed Phil and it was good, but maybe I have been spoiled by the other places I went on my trip. The guy working was kinda rude with all the customers we saw him serve in front of us and ourselves as well. He didn’t like it when the couple in front didn’t have their flavours picked even though you can’t see the flavours until it’s your turn to order.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I tried this place because of the reviews I read but the gelato was too soft and not very flavorful, tried the hazelnut flavor.