“Beautiful Venice”

Review of San Trovaso

the entrance to the San Trovaso apartment
from the elegant living room you can access to the bedroom tall wooden beamed ceilings and brushed parquet flooring
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
the entrance to the San Trovaso apartment
from the elegant living room you can access to the bedroom
tall wooden beamed ceilings and brushed parquet flooring
the living room has a table for 4 people and a functional kitchenette
the nice kitchen is compact but functional
the San Trovaso apartment has a cosy environment
there is a little balcony on the ancient gothic window of the bedroom
south facing view on gardens
the bedroom has a comfortable double pull-out bed
the bedroom has a comfortable double pull-out bed
a nice metal and glass staircase leads to the gallery
view from the gallery
there is a double bed in the gallery (the ceiling is only one and half meters tall!)
the bathroom is also of high standard with a large shower box
the bathroom is also of high standard with a large shower box
just outside the apartment you can find the charming Squero di San Trovaso
enchanting sceneries in the immediate surroundings
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ScottishB...
Scotland
“Great apartment - but very poor service”
Reviewed 5 December 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I can't fault the property at all, it's small but clean, well located, and has all amenities you need. I've stayed in Truly Venice apartments before and everything was great, no problems at all. In San Trovaso, however, when there was a problem, I received zero assistance from the company. My husband and I couldn't get into our property one night, the key just wouldn't turn. We tried for over an hour before calling the company, who refused to send anyone out because it was after midnight. We had to walk around Venice at 1 in the morning looking for a hotel with a spare room. Thank God we didn't have children with us, it was a nightmare.

In the morning, the company rep Enrico came out to help us. He had trouble opening the door to begin with too, but he managed to twist the key to force it open. He admitted that there was a problem and to get a receipt from our hotel for reimbursement. He then made a phone call to the manager and, speaking in Italian, told her that the lock was very tight and would need fixing. As I speak Italian, I understood all of this.

Upon return home, I emailed the manager for reimbursement for the hotel we stayed in. She refused to give us anything (other than a free taxi ride next time we visited), saying that Enrico had managed to enter the apartment without a problem and that nothing was wrong with the door, that it was only me who couldn't get the door open (my husband could, however only after we were shown how to force the lock round by Enrico, but I wasn't strong enough to do it). What angers me the most is that the manager is point blank lying to me. I have told her that I understood her conversation with Enrico on the telephone, when he told her there was a problem. She has not replied to me since I told her this. I haven't even bothered to tell her that we had no hot water for seven days of our stay nor did the cleaner come (as promised) mid way through the week. Why bother, if this is how they treat their customers. Very poor service and I won't be staying there again on principal, despite how nice their apartments are.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: The terrible service from the company when there is a problem
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Hope Island. Queensland Australia

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Indiana USA
Reviewed 4 November 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
lilarose9...
Kingston, Canada
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed 27 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Apartment is immaculate, newly renovated & furnished, all modern. With a wide windowsill facing a garden, you can sit outside & bask or read. The loft is a bit short in the ceiling, so you won't spend much time there, but the bed is comfortable. I put my son up there and slept myself on the pullout couch. The pullout fills the whole room, so you'll only have it out for sleeping: not a lot of space, but it feels spacious b/c of 2-story structure, big windows. Location fabulous: v close to Accademia, San Barnaba, Zattere... grocery store & lovely bar v near... easy to get anywhere... but feels still a little removed from the main mobs. V peaceful at night. We loved it! Truly Venice v easy to deal with, even for a first-timer to Venice with no Italian.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Tourists
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing