“Excellent restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! Omnivorous Restaurant Please CHECK our on line Menu BEFORE to book a table!! WE HAVE NOT VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN OPTIONS!! Booking highly suggested: please go to the CONTACT page on our website. A credit card deposit can be requested to confirm a booking. We not allow under no circumstances to receive FOR DINNER groups of more than 5 Guests WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY are our days off!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service standards and food at this restaurant are second to none in Venice. At no stage did it feel stuffy or overbearing and all the staff were very attentive. We felt at home as soon as the patron greeted us at the door. Expensive yes but worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,294)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great location and service, overpriced food. We had a lovely seafood meal and the waiters were very attentive but frankly the 2 course meal was not worth 65 euros per person.

1  Thank Katrine H
GPCremonini, Proprietario at Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I think that the problem is one :

The time.

The time that Madame didn’t take to read some other answers to reviews where I already explained the reasons why Venice is a so expansive Town:
I want to avoid to bother you, I simply remember that last summer I bought for my Guests some watermelons , and the price that I paid was 2,40€ each kilo : the same watermelon , the same day , immediately outside Venice was at 0,35€ each kilogram.

Why ?

Because we are in Venice , and the first “victims” of this absurd speculation are the Residents in Town , I mean like me and all the other Ones living here all year long , but for sure not Madame .

The time that Madame didn't deem useful to have a reflection about the fact that there is a huge difference among expansive and pricey , and that the Quality -the one that Madame too appreciated- have a price , as all the best Quality of Real Local Products that I’m able to find and to propose to my Guests .

The time that Madame didn’t use to calculate that our formulas included too some others items that usually you’ll pay separately (mineral water -usually 4/8€- , cover charge -usually 6/10€- , home made bread and Service -usually +15%- , and some others little attentions that you’ll not always find some where else like “mise en bouche” , biscuits and herbal tea at the end , and maybe a little gift too) .

The time that Madame didn’t find to tell us if in Venice is possible -and where- to enjoy the same Quality standards for the same -or a lower- price .

The time that Madame did not use to ask me (or to complain) about the total cost when I was at her table inquiring for her satisfaction , or the time that she didn’t utilize to have a constructive reflection .

But I can understand : a sterile critic calls less efforts , and is for free .

Anyway , if you find the time , have a nice day : it was included in the bill .

GP Cremonini

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Riviera is definitely the place to go if you want to eat fine seafood followed up with quality wine. The atmosphere is quite romantic and the waiter was really attentive. We even met the restaurant owner who was really kind. Very passionate man who loves working here and makes sure everything is perfect. This night was the highlight of our stay in Venice for sure.

1  Thank KotNikola
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect place for a date night. Romantic location and atmosphere. The charming restaurant owner introduces himself to every table and makes sure everything was perfect.

The tasting menu was delicious. Expect perfectly plated small portions. The wait staff were happy to recommend wine pairings.

1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We made these reservations months in advance after looking at online reviews and were so happy we did! The location of the restaurant was perfect for us, minutes from our hotel with a lovely view of the water but a little off the beaten path (which we loved)! Every aspect of our experience was lovely from impeccably attentive service to a delicious tasting menu! Me and my husband chose the 7 course fish tasting menu with wine pairings. Everything was delicious and there were amuse bouches included as well (always a nice touch)! The owner of the restaurant stopped by more than once to see how everything was and to thank us for dining, so lovely. It was our last night in Venice and of our honeymoon and it could not have been more perfect. Also quite reasonably priced for the experience and the food that you're getting, would recommend without hesitation!

1  Thank Zahra R