“Good food and perfect service”
Review of Il Girasole

Il Girasole
Ranked #35 of 340 Restaurants in Aosta
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We got an advice to visit this restaurant and we were not disappointed. The pizza was very good and delicious. The service by the waiter was excellent. The price is also good in relation to the quality of the food. Our advice: visit this restaurant too.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Slightly off the main tourist drag but well worth finding. It was full of locals and the waiter was very helpful. The bresaola was very good and staple grilled chicken cooked perfectly. The fizzy White House wine, which we both like, low alcohol content and fresh, was very good.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

First off we went with a local business couple who made the reservations and know the owners and the restaurant. Girasole advertises that it specializes in meat dishes so I had expected something nice. Only when the waiter served my three dinner companions did he tell me that my grilled filet wasn't coming because the chef didn't like the look of the meat. Got to wonder why they waited to tell me just as my friends were being served. OK a quick look at the mixed grill plates two of my dinner companions had been served and told it would take minutes to prepare. Only when my friends had finished eating 20 minutes later did I get my mixed grill and only when I stopped the waiter and asked about it.

To be frank my mixed grill plate was uninspiring, the chicken was oily, the sausages not that tasty but the small grilled filet was nice. Saturday night, the place was busy, the anti pasta was traditional cold cuts and cheese so that was OK. I should add that when we walked in and saw a table being served fresh fish we were told that was the last of it.

No apologies for the inconvenience. Don't think I'll return for a long time.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Just off the centre a gem of a restaurant. Great value, full of locals. Try the tagliata. If you are travelling through the alps then stay at hotel mignon with easy parking and this restaurant is a 5/10 minute walk away in the pedestrian part of town. A great combination

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

We had the traditional puzzas and pastas and was all covered and ate well. The service was good especially as we didnt speak any italian and they didnt speak any english. Everything seemed to be great including the food. Well done