1,726 results
All reviews train station old town great hotel public areas basement garage per day enjoyed my stay old style short stroll perfect location underground parking reception staff stayed longer quality hotel easy walking distance room was large the air conditioning
Reviewed 10 August 2016

We travelled to Trento by train. The hotel is a short and pleasant 5 minute walk though a park. Reception staff were superb. We had access to our rooms earlier than expected. The rooms exactly met our hopeful requests ! Mountain view, quiet, together, non smoking.they also had baths. When we had a minor problem with one room it was quickly fixed. The locstion of the hotel is excellent as it is near to the historic centre. It was very quiet. it was a 15 minute walk to the excellent new science museum and the good local cable car. We had breakfast and enjoyed it. The dining area may be a bit small but we could choose to sit inside or outside. It has 2 coffee machines.the food choice and range was good. We strongly recommend the hotel and would certainly return. As experienced, budget conscious, very choosy travellers I was surprised to read any negatives in previous reviews. We found it to be superb in all regards. Thanks for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Front high floor for mountain views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
ANDREA A, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear JackieTrainor,
I was so pleased to read the wonderful feedback on your stay with us. It is great to hear that you found the staff superb and helpful throughout your stay. I am delighted that you liked the room, our location as well as our breakfast buffet.
It’s a real pleasure for me to hear that you wouldn’t hesitate in returning.
I thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warmest regards,
Andrea Allegro.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

The whole place looks a little like your Italian grandmother's idea of opulent, but the staff are so friendly, the location so great, and the amenities so many that you can look past that (unless that's your style, then you're in luck!). I don't know what another review was talking about: The breakfast was huge and fantastic and was buffet style, so why were they waiting for waitresses? The room was comfortable if a little chintzy, and the location is perfect: right by the heart of Old Trento and steps to the train station. A fantastic value, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
ANDREA A, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear 1outta4,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I certainly appreciate your comments about our buffet breakfast, you are not the only one that does not know what some reviews are talking about....
Thank you again for your feedback, and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Breakfast was the worst I have had for many years. Only 2 Waitresses for a full large hotel who were also trying to deal with room service breakfasts. No coffee machine and an empty flask was the replacement. Stale bread and just very poor quality food. No fresh orange juice or other fresh juice,
The hotel was lovely and the rooms were clean and comfortable but the 4 star hotel could only manage a no star breakfast. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We cycled to and from hotel so had storage for bikes and was part of our cycling holiday.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank robinson486
ANDREA A, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Dear robinson486,
Thank you for sharing your comments with travel community. It’s great that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. I am sorry that breakfast experience was far from what you expected and I will make sure to address your comments with their management.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Visited for just one night and what a lovely surprise. Beautiful entrance lobby and public rooms. The service was excellent and the room extremely good though with not much of a view. Nicely located beside the Piazza Dante and just a short step from a surprisingly beautiful town centre. Excellent breakfast next morning.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dahlia68
ANDREA A, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Dear Dahlia68,
Many thanks for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the excellent service here at the hotel and hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Grand Hotel Trento in the near future.
Yours sincerely,
Andrea Allegro.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We got the "Presidential Suite" for $220 Euro a night (in July, mind you), and it was a true suite (not one of the "would be" suites like in the States). Two totally separate rooms and a half bath in the living room. My wife sleeps in and I get up early so I always look for a suite when I can get a real one. Very clean and maintained, and well laid out. NOTE: there are two separate thermostats that I didn't figure out until the morning we were leaving. And the one for the bedroom is right by your head on the bedside table. Only in Europe. The main bathroom was a treat, plenty of room for two people (and this is saying something when my wife and I are in the same bathroom). Full living room area with a couch and a breakfast table. Yes, the pillows are hard and the mattress is firm, but I like a firm mattress (better than a soft lumpy one!). One would think they would eventually invest in some soft pillows... we just happen to have little travel pillows for the plane so these came in handy.

Keep in mind, you're in a region that was Austria for 600 years before the first World War. It's not like Tuscany. The front desk recommended a local Austrian spot for lunch ("Forst") and it a delightful change of pace from the endless pasta and pizza.

Another note to self - it's Europe so you have to leave your key in the slot by the door to keep you AC on, and in Trento in July, you definitely want AC (none of the apartments we looked at had AC). Coming from Texas, AC was a must and it's nice to just check into a hotel and get this kind of service. The staff was outstanding.

Breakfast is included and it's an amazing lay out - quite a feast. You could practically eat two meals here since they serve salty salami and cheeses as well. In the USA you "get what you pay for" with the lousy free breakfast options at the mid-tier hotels. This is the opposite experience and the staff was working hard. They have a very cool modern coffee machine with Latte, hot milk, espresso, ect...

The bar is weird and kind of an after thought, a big room off to the side with no windows. The bartender was rarely at the bar so there is a little buzzer on the bar that you ring. No biggie. There are so many bars and cafes in Trento, just go out for a drink. You are right downtown. Excellent location.

For the ladies, there is a SPA. For the men, there is no gym. Maybe they can turn the bar into a gym!?

Minor detail for most people since spending an hour or two in a gym is not what most people want to do when they finally get to Italy. I love this part of Italy - less tourists (= better service), better food, better wine.

Room Tip: Spring for the Suite!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnny D
ANDREA A, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Dear Johnny D,
Thank you very much for leaving such a great and detailed feedback on your recent stay with us.
It is wonderful to read all your lovely words regarding the amazing facilities and amenities we provide at Grand Hotel Trento.
I am thrilled to hear the whole team took really good care of you and I thank you for highlighting the excellence of the service provided with such great examples.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon (and certainly the new gym should be ready within the next few months...)
Warmest regards,