See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2018

The hotel is located in one of the many narrow lanes around the outskirts of Merano. Parking is not a problem with a lot across the street (lane) from the hotel. Rooms are spotlessly clean and with plenty of wood paneling. Separate bathroom and toilet facilities make for convenience.
Breakfast and other meals are very tasty and well-prepared and served by helpful staff. Advice about what to do and where to go is readily available from reception.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2017

This is a medium-sized hotel located quite far from central Merano in a villa area. We took bus number 4 from the station to Via Mayr Nusser. It is a very long way from the station to the hotel to be able to walk. From the bus stop there are a few hundred meters to the hotel. In principle, the hotel had only German-speaking guests and many of them were older. There is a small garden with a good pool which was nice. The reception staff were nice and spoke good english.
We had a normal sized room with quite a large balcony with furniture. The room had no air conditioning but had a fan. The view was not special, it was facing a number of tall trees and the roof of the main entrance. There are very few rooms that overlook the pool. The furniture was quite worn and the color scheme in dark wood. The room had a mini-bar, a safe and a TV with some international channels. The free wifi that worked quite well. The bathroom which was in blue colors had a bath with shower.
The breakfast was served from 7.30pm and was a buffet and served in the large dining room. At breakfast you received information about today's weather and you could decide if you wanted to have lunch and choose lunch. There was a good selection of bread, ham, cheese, juice, yogurt, muesli. The coffee was served to the table.
We had half board and thus we also had dinner at the hotel. The dinner is served from 18.30 and you could either sit outside or indoors in the restaurant on the ground floor. The dinner consisted of a starter buffet followed by dishes served at the table. You chose between a couple of dishes for pasta dishes and main course. Overall, the food was good. The hotel also has a bar which we did not visit.
The hotel is a little tired and is a good bit outside the city. If you do not need to be able to go to the center of Merano then this may be an option.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I really liked this place. It had a pool that was nice and quiet. No bathing beauties, just people my age (sigh). The pool had a waitress who kept me happy in gin and tonics. The room was nice with a little balcony overlooking the most exotic tree. Neat! The staff was very helpful with directions. It's a pretty good walk into the old city but not horrible. I'm pretty sure I needed the exercise the way I've been eating. (A lot). Overall the feeling is of a historic old hotel that has been maintained very well. I had no complaints with the place at all. Really enjoyed the town as well. Approx $220 Euro for one night in high season.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. They gave us tips and directions for places we wanted to visit and were interested about our daily experiences. The food was very good and service was efficient and friendly. The location is not too far from the center but very quiet without any traffic noise.
They were very nice to our children and were interested in their well being.
I can recommend this Hotel for everyone looking for a relaxing and quiet stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I liked the place, really kind employees. The food was really good, and everywhere was clean. There is only a "black spot". Fornitures are '70s style and age. But in perfect state!
Try the swimming pool, I went at 9 in the morning and nobody was in. Water temperature is 30/31 Celsius, good for swimming and good for playing with your children. Will I choose it again? Sure!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family