All reviews train station floor suite stay there again secure car park touristic attractions dining table jacuzzi bath reception staff via roma arriving by train by italian standards huge room breakfast buffet porta nuova good size hotel bar ham
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I had to change rooms because the first one on the 4th floor smelled so bad of cigarettes and urine. The second room is only marginally better. This is the nastiest Mercure I have ever stayed at. You will not be happy here. My room smells awful. I wish I was somewhere else.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
pincaro, Front Office Manager at Best Western Crystal Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear Guest,
Firstly, I would like to begin by sincerely apologising for the standard of service you received on this occasion. This is certainly not a true reflection of the high quality upon which we pride ourselves on at Mercure Torino Crystal Palace hotel. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

We chose this hotel as it was one of the few that could reserve secure parking (for a fee) in Turin's centre. The hotel is near the main station which, as is often the case, is a rough looking part of town although that dies mean that walking to and from the hotel to explore is easier and taxis are available too.

The parking was secure although there was only space for our car and three others so not suitable for a 'convoy'!

The receptionist was efficient and helpful, providing us with a plaster when we required one. Thank you for that!

The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The bathroom well equipped with a good shower. The noise from the street was largely eliminated by the highly efficient windows but one of the two air conditioning units fitted did have an annoying rattle! I forgot to inform Mercure of this but I'm sure that, had we complained, we would have been moved.

This is a standard hotel, clean and efficient. We were happy with it for the parking and the rate charged.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
pincaro, Front Office Manager at Best Western Crystal Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Dear Guest,
many thanks for your kind review, we hope you will be again our guest in the future

Reviewed 1 June 2016

the hotel is centrally located near the main station, down side is a bit of noise depending on the room. room was nice and clean, staff were friendly and helpful except for one.
hotel has parking, access is from the street behind, but only a few spots.
all in all i was very satisfied.
enjoy Turin.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
pincaro, Front Office Manager at Best Western Crystal Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Dear Guest,
thank you for the time spent for your review, I am glad you found our staff friendly and helpful, I am sorry if you found some of us not enough helpful, this is the first time that a guest complains about our staff.
I hope you will have the occasion to come again in our hotel and give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our staff.

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

We spent one night in this hotel located next to Torino's central railway station.

It was very hot but the air conditioning did not work. We had to keep the windows open (and get all the noise from the busy street below) all night long to get a bit of fresh air. This is the hotel policy : no air conditioning before summertime whatever the weather condition...

Our room was small, as the bathroom, and very noisy (we could follow whatever happened in the room next door).

To avoid unless absolute necessity.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
pincaro, Front Office Manager at Best Western Crystal Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
With reference to the air conditioning that did not work we are sorry but the weather has been surprisingly hot for a couple of days, that is unusual for Turin, that's the reason why aircon was not working at the time you were in our hotel, we did not expected such a lovely weather. Anyway please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Your comments regarding the size of our rooms come as a surprise since most of our guests praise us for the space and comfort they offer.

Nevertheless we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back and offer you an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed in torino for 5 nights in this amazing hotel. It's very cozy, safe and amazingly located. It's located minutes walking to the commercial area where you can find all the shops you would ever need including clothes, souvenirs, food, shoes, everything. It's also located minutes walking as well to the historical area where you can find the famous museums and churches in torino. Talking about the hotel service and staff, the service is amazing, very clean and tidy rooms with very clean bathrooms and well sized beds. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful especially Fabio and Federica they helped me with quite everything i needed, they helped me with all the directions i needed to get to the places i wanted to go to they also recommend very good restaurants and shopping places. I had an amazing stay at Mercure Crystal Palace and i would totally recommend it for anyone who wants to have a nice vacation in torino. The only thing was missing for me is the air condition, they turn it off at this time of the year because the weather is pretty great and doesn't need any air conditioning but for me i needed it but i kept the window opened at night and actually the breeze was amazing and I didn't need any Air conditioning only the voices if the people in the streets at night were kinda annoying but not so bad either. I enjoyed my stay there and I am sure i will return again :)

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
pincaro, Front Office Manager at Best Western Crystal Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you found our staff lovely and friendly and I am also pleased about the comment regarding the cleanlinnes of our rooms and the size of beds. Our aim is to always ensure our guests feel as welcome and as comfortable as possible. Once again thank you for such a nice review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future