See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 December 2014

Room Tip: take a room with shower and at the courtyard side. There you have more windows and light.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 17 October 2014

This was my first visit to Turin, and I particularly wanted to stay somewhere central. Piazza San Carlo is one of the city’s beautiful spaces, and the hotel is on the 4th floor of an elegant building overlooking the Piazza. My room was fairly basic, but clean and comfortable. Tall people might have a problem with the sloping ceiling, but would have the advantage of being able to see out of the high window! Breakfast is not provided, which is not a problem as it is easy to find somewhere to enjoy morning coffee, either in the Piazza itself or in the little surrounding streets.
Grazie, Claudio! I enjoyed my first visit to your beautiful city, and hope to return some time!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Luminaria42
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We are considering how it is that we can schedule another trip back just to eat here. The food was the best we've had in our 5 years living and travelling in Europe. Every meal was beautiful. We took the package with food included as a result of the trip advisor feedback. We didn't regret it at all. The food really is top quality - home made tortellini which is superbly delicate, black truffle not on the menu but sourced fresh that day, everything was finished with the precision you would expect of a top restaurant, and it was certainly better food than we have had at the Ritz in London, the Langham etc etc.

The location was also lovely. We spent all our days driving to little nearby towns recommended by the chef at dinner. All the towns were as lovely as anything in provence, or Tuscany but without the crowds.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank seaingtheworld
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at the San Carlo for 3 nights during the Turin Film Festival. This hotel is situated right in the centre of Turin, on the top floor of a beautiful period building. The location could not be any better. The room I stayed in was spacious and clean. The furniture was an eclectic mix - some lovely antiques and some horrible '80s cabinets. My bed was big and comfortable. For this sort of price I didn't expect any more and I was perfectly happy with the hotel as it was. The staff were very kind and helpful - special thanks to the gentleman who helped me through my bus-ticket-booking nightmare. There is no breakfast but honestly, who needs one if you can have the world's best cappuccino and croissants right in the same building in a stunningly beautiful fin-de-siecle café? The only thing that bothered me was the noise that could be heard from the room next to mine (TV - luckily only the first night) and loud footsteps from the corridor - more sound insulation would do the trick. Still, San Carlo is a perfect choice for someone on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MrsShetland
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I stayed for 6 nights here. My husband was working each day while I enjoyed Turin. The room was very basic, but we had our own bathroom, and only used the room for sleeping! Amazing location and friendly staff. It was more like staying in an Italian apartment opposed to a hotel. Made for a fun trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business