All reviews the holiday inn vending machine in the lobby train station strange smell a bit tired hot shower coffee making facilities great position last stop up to date via roma short stay comfortable room mole city proximity euro
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Like other reviewers have said, this hotel is great for travellers who arrive and depart by rail. My trip to Turin was a last-minute spontaneity, so I didn't get to book a hotel ahead as I usually would. Luckily I spotted this hotel which stands at a corner right behind a very large hotel (forgot its name) outside the railway station. Because it's not on the big street, it's quiet which is very important for a light sleeper like me.

I stayed here for 3 nights, which was my entire stay in Turin. In fact after the 1st night, after comparing the prices, I thought about moving to ibis Style, which is maybe about 500 meters further down the main road. But after all, this hotel's proximity (less than 5 min walk) to the station and quiet room got me stay.

For me I didn't have the shower/air conditioner problem like some reviewers had, and my room is fairly modern and clean.

Breakfast is like what other reviews said, no hot dishes. Not a big problem for me though. Because as a vegan, I guess I'm already used to having limited options.

I bought a one-day pass for public transit, but didn't get to use it cuz I was able to walk to most sights in the old city. For me, walking on the cobble alleys of Turin is a very enjoyable thing! But if you want to cross the river or your schedule is tighter, then the public bike rental 'To Bike' is recommended. It can be seen in many places.

Btw, there's a tourist information center near by the hotel with staff who are very friendly and helpful.

All in all, I think I'll stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank NickT310
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Nice hotel with excellent access to the city centre and the main railway station. Despite being one block from the station these was no noise at all. We were on the third floor and had the windows open all night. The room was spacious and comfortable with a very good sized bathroom.
Full floor to ceiling opening windows in the bedroom and bathroom was great, especially as the air conditioning struggled to get the room cool.
Access to the town center and the shops or Via Roma was only 5 minutes walk away.
The only downside...if you are traveling by car...is the parking. The street park is very difficult to find and the hotel parking is limited to a VERY tight underground parking area. If you are not used to European parking and you are driving anything larger than a compact rental car you may find it challenging and would probably be adivsed to unload luggage and find a place on the street to park! For those of you traveling to Turin by train, this hotel is perfect!

Room tip: Upper floors facing Turin station have good breeze if you have windows open and are pretty quiet
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

Pros: Centre of town
Clean, room service tidied ever day

Cons: bathroom in need of total replacement, must be over 15 years old, tiles cracked and some recovered with plaster to hide, shower leaked, but did work (no cold showers as reported by others).
Air con: warm air only, if you open windows it good for a mild night however in hot summer no use.
Breakfast: Cold buffet, not for persons in look for hot breakfast.
Dinning and bar: not available closed every day, one of its four stars in for its facilities.
Locked out, we had a late evening on the Saturday arrived back after 1am to find us locked out, it took eight rings of an unmarked buzzer to awaken night porter.

Overall apart from IHG points we would have avoided this hotel, we will return to Turin but will use other HI in city.

Ps, if you intend a visit to lovely Turin avoid last two weeks in August, most of city go on holiday over 50% of shops and restaurants are closed.

Don't stay at this place unless they do a major refurbishment

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Turin City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Dear Ali W,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are always happy to provide a consistently clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guests. However, we sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected due to the condition of the facilities and its amenities which fell below your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Divina P.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We stayed here as part of a Great Rail tour. The room was large and we had a great view of firemen tackling a fire at the end of the street but the only other excitement was whether we would get a cold (or worse) from the shower or food poisoning from the chiller. Yes shower started out luke warm then turned to cold fellow travellers reported the same plus water didn't run away. Do you get Legionnaires from these conditions? Breakfast was usual cold meats cheese etc all laid out in chiller except we realised the butter was uncommonly soft as if chiller looked like a chiller but was actually just something to keep flies off the food which was sitting there sweating. Like us.

Room tip: Don't stay here unless you are desperate,
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Turin City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Dear LordandLadyFuttock,

We appreciate your post regarding your recent stay with our hotel. We value each feedback as this will allow us identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. It is disheartening to know that your experience was not as pleasant as it should have been. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you had with the shower. We also regret to hear that you did not have a good breakfast experience. The welfare of our guests has always been our highest priority and we are sorry for letting you feel otherwise. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

This hotel is a disgrace to the IHG brand. Old and smelly. Airton did not work on a day when temp was in the 40s. Front desk could not do anything- not even a fan - asked me to keep windows open!. Screwed up my whole night - nightmarish. Strongly recommend Turin Palace or Best Western right next to this. Writing a strong mail to IHG on this aberration of a hotel.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Turin City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Dear skaryot,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. It is disheartening to hear that you were not able to fully enjoy your recent stay. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our air conditioning system. Please be assured that your comments are noted and will used for our improvement.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us in the future and have the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel.

Faith R