“Seriously: THE BEST ICE CREAM I'VE EVER HAD!”

Gelateria La Romana - Pavia Corso Cavour
Ranked #5 of 29 Dessert in Pavia
Description: La Romana gelato shop was born in the heart of the historic centre of Rimini in 1947, receiving the name of the founder's daughter. A few years later Vito Zucchi, progenitor of the family, took over the enterprise. Thanks to his fervent creativity and the use of a few ingredients then available, he created a wide range of high-quality flavours which are still made in our stores today. For this reason, we offer traditional flavours made exclusively with selected products, following the old recipes of the past.
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Ok, this is the easiest review I've ever written. I'm worried I won't find enough (good) words though!

I was in Italy, this time, for only 8 days. And I've tried other gelatos before... In previously visits and also I'm a big ice cream fan so wherever I go I always try a new one.

This time a friend of mine took me to La Romana in Pavia when we went there from Milan for a day visit. And that was it.
Any other gelato/ice cream in the world was ruined for me.

It was the best, no doubt, I've had in my life. I looked it up online to see where there was another La Romana. And actually went 2 more times at the one in Naviglio Grande.

Not only that, I had to catch the flight back to London at 1PM. And I had to go back there before heading to the airport to say "see you soon" to my favourite gelato.

My favourite flavours, definitely:
- BACIO DI DAMA
- BISCOTTO DELLA NONNA
- CROCANTE ALL'AMARENA (probably my favourite of all)

If I had the chance... I would open a franchise in London! But I would probably go broke cause I would eat it all

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank sammyasaddi2018

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I've had memorable wines. meals, and chocolates. I've had a lot of ice creams. I couldn't recall a single one -- they were all (almost) nice, sweet, and OK. La Romana's ice cream will stay recorded in my memory not only as the best ice cream I've ever had (I'm almost 60), but also the ice cream against which all other ice creams will be measured. I'm planning a pilgrimage back to Pavia for St. Augustine's church and some more La Romana Express ice cream. Any flavor will do.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Natasha A
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Gelato was nice. Taste fresh, and I like a lot the panna that they just whip it fresh for you. A little bit too sweet for my taste. But it was a great experience. Crepes was good too.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We visited this place Back in 2015 but I have to recommend it because it is simply amazing. The owner, a nice Italian man runs the place with passion and expertise. The perfect Italian gelato

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank Ádám T
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Place is beautiful and ice creams are the best of the city ! Just can recommend it, specially " Bacio Di Damo"

Date of visit: June 2017