“Original cuisine (as a foreigner)”

Tigella bella Pavia
Ranked #41 of 497 Restaurants in Pavia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2018

My gf and I came here for lunch while visiting Pavia on route to Genoa.

We stopped for the afternoon, because Pavia actually has some quality scenic spots and points of interest worth a visit.

As for the restaurant, we stumbled across it at random around lunch time and thought we would give it a try.

I did not realise at the time that "Tigella" is the name of a sort of hollowed out bred, which you fill with various ingredients, sort of like a kebab.
It's a local thing. Like are so many across Italy.

We ordered what seemed to be the main attraction, which was 2 "special menus".
You get a selection of fillings, unlimited supply of Tigellas, and a plate full of cold cuts and cheeses.

I must say, it was worth it.

We shared 1/2 L of red and bottled water before ending with coffees.

The bill came to EUR 43.40 tax included.

I recommend you pop in if in the neighbourhood.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The authentic Italian street food experience! Great for having something different to try! Their tigella is exquisite and just out of the oven everytime.... Salsas are just are perfect!

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I've come here a few times and I suggest it to anyone looking for something different from the typical restaurant but still interested in Italian specialities: here you'll get a selection of hams (or different kinds of cheese or the vegetarian options) and they'll automatically serve you a basket of tigelle (small pieces of flat bread) and gnocchi fritti (another kind of bread, fried) and a selection of sauces (salty, spicy and sweet) and cheeses to put on your tigelle to accompany the ham. You can mix everything as you wish and try all sorts of combinations, and you end up eating a ton of tigelle.
I always leave very full and happy.
The price depends on the plate you choose, they go between 10 and 20 euros (tigelle and sauces come with every plate).

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I came here with my Gran, the restaurant was full and only one waitress. although the service was still super quick. really nice cheer, salami and bread. with a huge selection of sauces. we went back it was so good.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

It specialises in excellent salamis and hams and cheeses with lovely breads. Theatrical presentation with 12 different tiny dips and three honeys. Really worth a visit, staff work hard and it is fun. We ate there twice.