“One of the best restaurant in Pavia”

Antica Trattoria Ferrari
Ranked #30 of 490 Restaurants in Pavia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Everything was just very good!! Authentic and simple Italian food with a touch of fantasy which made every plate particular. We have really enjoyed our family dinner!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Donc be fooled by the narrow entrance: behind is a large dining room, tastefully decorated.
the food is typical lombardy, good and sensible prices.
i recommend it strongly.

1  Thank CRAPELLE
Reviewed 10 March 2015

I was in Pavia, where I met my brother for an extended week-end. Our hosts suggested to check this place: it was a great suggestion. Ambience was a true trattoria: pleasant, cosy and simply decorated with several green plants and We had risotto, which is typical of the area (Lomellina) with vegetables and mushrooms and on another occasion we had home made crespelle with radicchio and taleggio cream. All were well presented and abundant. The most striking thing was the wide availability of vegetarian dishes (not only salads): we had salad with artichokes and grana and spinach with granny smith apples and walnuts. Impressive is the dessert list: all choices we did during two visits were fresh and well prepared. Waiting staff was very attentive and cordial.
Reservation, although not required, is highly preferable, especially for dinner on Friday and Saturday and Sunday lunch.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

We really enjoyed dinner at the Trattoria Ferrari. Filetto di Manzo Tartuffo was superb as all the other dishes. Friendliness of the personnel, however, was missing. We had the impression their only goal was to get us fed and leave the restaurant. They not even said goodbye.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Despite being located along the main street of Borgo Ticino, this is a quiet restaurant. Parking may be problematic on week days, not on Sundays.
The decor is nice and characteristic, not overdone in any sense.
I tasted the "Menu Tradizione" (35 Euro), quite a treat! The approx. 20 appetizers ranged from good to excellent. First courses included a rice with blueberries plus ravioli, both very tasty. Second courses were an extremely fine pork filet, plus a not exceptional wild-boar in red wine. A very good almond-pumpkin dessert completed the treat. As part of my family ordered a-la-carte, we tasted other items in the menu: ranging from not-so-tasty chestnut dumplings to an exceptionally tasty veal filet en croute.
Afterward, I experienced no difficulty in digesting the food at all, which talks fresh & well cooked.
Prices are slightly higher than I'd consider appropriate, e.g. desserts come at eur 5.50.

The waiter was competent and displayed a sort of British kind of humor; he even warned us against some items in the menu.
Overall not the best restaurant I've been in my life, but surely one where I want to return, and which I'd recommend to friends.