All reviews via dante side street great location castello sforzesco cadorna train station walking distance the hotel was fully booked small hotel minute walk from the duomo convenient hotel main shopping breakfast was included last supper croissants breakfast room city centre visiting milan
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Good and peaceful location, 1 minute walk from the pedestrian zone Via Dante and 5-10 minutes from the Duomo square. Friendly staff.
Good breakfast (see image/also omeletes crepes were made to order). Actually the breakfast was better than most of the 4 stars hotels in Milan (visited Milan 8 times in different 4 star Hotels)
Moderns rooms. Basic room for 2 persons quite small, but did not bother us. In-room safe for a lap top. Free WiFi, which was quite slow, but worked anyways.
Would recommend and visit again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kkp72
Reviewed 4 July 2018

The Genius Hotel in Milan is a disgrace to an otherwise world-class city with exceptional amenities, services and welcoming people. Below is a list of things that was wrong with the Genius Hotel in order to simplify and make it easy for you to follow my complaint.

ROOM: When booking with the Genius Hotel through your site, I requested a quiet room, but upon arrival, I learned that my room was next to a loud elevator. Luckily, I double-checked with the front desk at check-in and was able to get a different room.

FALSE ADVERTISING: The room did not look anything like what I had booked and was advertised. It was much smaller, darker and with dated equipment.

BROKER EQUIPMENT: The blow-dryer was so old that it barely blew any air, much less hot air. I had taken my own blow-dryer from the USA with me, so I asked for an adapter, but the adapter did not work. I was short with time and did not have time to go out and purchase my own adapter; so they brought me another modern blow-dryer, but charged me for it upon check-out.

UNBEARABLE HEAT: The air-conditioner did not work so I had to shave, shower and get ready for a LGBT Tourism Conference, “All Guests Are Guests”, in unbearable heat. I had to call the front desk constantly to turn the air on as they had the control. The thermostat did not work. After almost two hours of working with the only employee at the hotel, “Robert”, and asking him to escalade my complaint to management, I finally got to speak with the General Manager, “Marco”, who was very rude, disrespectful and consistently minimized the problems. He contradicted his staff and the information they were giving me. Needless to say, I barely got any sleep my first night at Milan, so they changed my room the next day, only after multiple complaints and my requests to speak with management and/or the owner. I was later told by Robert, that the air conditioner on the third and fourth floors had had this problem for a long time.

COLD WATER: The second room had a working air-conditioner, but the water was cold. I had to take my first shower with cold water. After calling the front desk, a woman who seemed to be the owner, showed-up to tell me that “the housekeeper must have shut-off the water.” I still don’t understand why and how this could have happened. She proceeded to tell me that my water was now “hot”, but it was barely lukewarm at best for the remainder of my stay.

ELEVATOR: The elevator did not stop on the second floor sometimes, so they brought a technician to fix it. The staff told me that it had been a problem for a long time. The elevator’s dysfunction was a joke among guests staying at the hotel as we did not know if and when it would arrive. I had to take the metal fire escape external staircase in the dark and almost fell once. The staircase without proper lighting was a safety hazard.

MISSING AND BROKEN AMENITIES: On my last night (Saturday) when I got back to the room after covering Pride Parade and festival, the comforter was missing from my room and the TV was not working. I called the front desk but the only staff member at the hotel said that he was busy and could not help me. He suggested that I wait till Sunday (check-out day) to “make a complaint.” I explained to him that I was leaving on Sunday and needed a comforter to sleep. After almost an hour of being given the run-around, disrespected and dismissed, I went downstairs around midnight to find that despite his claim of helping other guests, no-one was in the lobby. He simply did not want to make the effort to find me another comforter. After threatening to get the authorities involved, he finally brought me a new comforter so I could sleep.

WiFi: Not only was the WiFi at the hotel not working, but it slowed down my phone so much that I had to disconnect from WiFi.

The hotel is falling apart and should be demolished. Do NOT stay at this hotel regardless of its rates.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank VicGerami
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Super convenient location near Sforza Castle, metro and train stops and the Piazza del Duomo. Quite side street.
Hotel rooms are small and a bit stuffy--if it is hot, be sure to ask at the desk for the AC remote control--& keep in mind that maid service will often turn off the AC while you are gone so you will return to a hot room.
Nothing glamorous, but it is a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This small Hotel in the very centre of Milan has a lovely, cosy and intimate atmosphere. You can tell at once you are in the Italian capital of style, fashion and design: from the furniture to the décor, from the selection of background music to the artworks, everything speaks of good taste and has a palpable tone of modern elegance. A word of praise for the staff, especially the receptionists: attentive, friendly and welcoming without the stilted formality of some other places. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We booked the Genius Hotel for a trade show in Milan at least 6 months in advance at a really good price. The reviews were good but nothing spectacular however given the pricing for hotels in Milan we jumped on the price. Were were severely disappointed at first but elated by the end. The location is perfect as it is close to all of the downtown sights and steps from the metro station and it is tucked far enough back that it is quiet. The room they put us in for the first night was terrible!!! He bed was bad, the bathroom smelt of sewage, it was hot, and it was right by the elevator so it was so loud. We asked to be moved right away but because the hotel was fully booked they told us they would move us the next night. After no sleep the first night they moved us to a room on the second floor and it was lik night and day. The new room was larger, and the bed was comfy, bathroom was larger and didn’t smell and the AC worked perfectly. We couldn’t have been happier. The staff were excellent in accommodating all of our requests. Breakfast was good in the morning as it is nice to have food before venturing out. All in all if you can book the Genius I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Do not take the rooms on the top floor as it appears they have not been fully upgraded.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business