“Excellent little gem”

Ranked #2,937 of 9,017 Restaurants in Milan
Neighbourhood: Centro Storico
Neighbourhood: Centro Storico
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I was staying at the hotel next-door was too tired (after a long flight from San Francisco)to really walk around Milan to search for a dinner spot. I wandered in and had the most wonderful dinner . The ambiance was inviting and the staff very friendly not to mention the food was delicious.I’m coming back tomorrow night with my husband. Excellent restaurant

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this cafe situated next to the NH Milan President hotel. This cafe is part of the L' arabesque chain comprising clothing shop selling interesting designer clothes, vintage bags and jewellery.

We went in at 930pm, just half hour before closing. The service was very warm. We ordered 4 starters to share and 2 desserts. All the dishes were extraordinary, including the bread basket they served.

The cauliflower puree soup was creamy and fresh. The ravioli was perfect, never tasted better cheese and matched perfectly with the fried purple sweet potato slices.

The desserts were a sight to behold and the pistachio cream (the one that looks like a big green flower) tasted like pistachio butter and simply melted in the mouth. The chef was very kind to come out for a chat and photo with us . He exuded love and pride for cooking and knowlegeable about ingredients.

1  Thank singaporemag
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We stumbled into this place one evening for a coffee while passing by. The service was so friendly, and their small fruit tartes were so tasty, that we ended up seeing if they did food the next day when we passed by again. And aren't we glad we did?!

Their five course menu was so vastly superior to any food I've experienced in London, with their supremely quality ingredients, wildly exotic recipes and unique mixture of flavours.

On top of that, the service was impeccable, really friendly and inclusive. We were not dressed at our best and if we'd been in any place this good in London or Paris, the waiters would have acted very superior. Here, all are welcome.

Finally, the bill came to half the price I was expecting! Superb value all round and I will make a point of eating here every time I pass through Milan.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

The location is retro, it looks like being in a G. Kelly and F. Sinatra movie. The food is actually good and the service is perfect, but prices are very high and the quantity of food could be a little more generous...
Perfect for business lunches - when you're on company money.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Good food. Friendly acceptance. Nice and quick service. "Rombo" fish + vegetables were perfect. Good beer.