All reviews guest ambassador concierge team luxury hotel via montenapoleone favorite hotel modern amenities amazing hotel the entire staff perfect location breakfast and dinner rooms are great fashion district the hotel manager four seasons big bathroom perfect stay shopping area
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

That feeling after driving in the chaotic Milan traffic with high pulse, finding the Via Andegari 9 street and then drive up to the gateway into Mandarin, felt like coming to heaven. The handling of the car and luggage was swift and easy. Checking in was very welcoming, professional and they was really in detail to all their guests needs. We stayed in a Mandarin room- and this was so perfect! We had nothing less than 3 balconys, a big bathroom, big walk in closet and in addition a seating area. And the bed was like sleeping on clouds. The room had a great up to date TV system, where you easily can stream from your iPad or phone (goodbye to HDMI cables forever!) And to have access to a Nespresso coffee machine is always a big plus. One of our favorite things was the beautiful backyard in the evenings, lounging in comfortable sofa’s and just soak up the atmosphere. The food here might not be over the top fantastic as it is on the Seta restaurant , and service was more often than sometimes a bit slow in this area, but still we loved the relaxed vibe here . The breakfast, has a big selection of everything, so you won’t miss a thing. One thing you definitely should make time for is to book yourself a spa treatment. It was literally the best massages i have ever experienced in my life. Also here the service is super professional and welcoming. And just to have some time at the pool or sauna after a long day out on the town is just amazing. The gym is well equipped and you will definitely get the job done, but it could be a bit bigger to my liking. This hotel is the perfect place to stay at if you like the best of two worlds- walking distance to all the sights like The Duomo Di Milano, La Scala and all the shopping, but still like some peace and tranquility at the end of the day. We will definitely come back to this hotel!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mandarin Orient... M, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share sucha a great review of Mandarin Oriental, Milan. I am delighted to learn that the effort we make in taking care of every detail and in focusing on the needs of our guests contributed to make your stay unforgettable.

I sincerely hope to welcome you again soon at Mandarin Oriental, Milan

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We have stayed at all the best hotel in Mian , Four Season , Bvlgari, Palazzo, , at this moment , because very new , MO tops them all. . Located in the heart of Milan , convenience to all shops and restuarents . The hotel has a nice courtyard , the pick up and the bell captain and check in seamless . We arrived early. , our room was ready. . Our suite is on 4 floor. , facing the courtyard of the Seta restaurent. ,sizable balcony , we had used for breakfast and snacks . ( Room service is superb , the chicken club may be the best sandwich we have encountered , at 30 euro ). The suite opened into a bedroom , then a corridor to a living area and a very big bathroom. Kind of difference , but I guess converting from old buildings , not much option. The hotel hops 160 rooms suite. . The amenities and service outstanding ,like in HK , almost inststant response with a smile. WIFI is free and works fast The concierge is outstanding. , Mario and staff. Detailed and timely advices . The pool and spa in basement. , steam bath , sauna available. , decor a bit dim , never crowded. The pool is heated to 86 , wonderful , we came 2 times daily. .The breakfast at the bar courtyard area nice , good spread plus ala carte at no extra charge . We stayed for 4 nights , one night is free because of a promotion , breakfast all included . The restaurent Seta is a 2 star Michelin , outstanding lead Chef Antonia Guida , talented , friendly and a working chef . We have stayed in MO all over the world , still hard to beat the flagship in HK ( stayed 50 plus times ). This is an excellent one and the best in Mian because so new ( 2 years old )

Room tip: High floor. Blacony

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience! I will be happy to share your praises with my colleagues and hope to welcome back to Mandarin Oriental, Milan very soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Can’t agree more about the comments posted below. The quality of service is no way up to the standard of any mandarin hotels in Asia. I don’t feel this worths that price. The room is very quite basic and I have seen much more pretty and luxious room in other Mandarin hotels.

We arrived at noon and asked if the room is available. The receptionist was very kind and told us to wait for 30min. We eventually waited for an hour and no people is trying to address our enquiries of the status.

The quality of the breakfast and dinner are also quite average.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I hope you'll consider giving us a chance to earn back your trust: I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that you rightfully expect.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Having enjoyed Mandarin Oriental's in Asia we found this hotel underwhelming particularly in the reception and lobby areas. Rooms are fairly standard for the high price. The location is the best thing going for this hotel - it is very central and great for a first time visit to Milan. We did not find the service engaging, despite being an MO member I had to fill out all my details on arrival that should have been available to the hotel. My credit card would not work for the deposit despite working everywhere else in Milan, and the deposit of 200 euros per night took one week to clear from my account on check out on top of me paying the incidentals on check out as the room charge was prepaid. The bar is popular with locals, and as hotel guests we did not feel that there was any priority or additional effort to accommodate us. It's all relative however for us the price of this hotel is excessive for the experience it delivers and it was a comfortable but not memorable stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. While I am sorry your experience was not up to your expectation, I hope you rest assured that we took very good note of your comments, which are extremely useful to us in order to adjust our service and make sure to guarantee the best experience to our discerning guests.

I sincerely hope to welcome you again soon at Mandarin Oriental, Milan.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful 4 night break at the hotel . The staff from housekeeping , front desk , food and beverage and of course the concierge team under the guidance of Mario Picozzi were all excellent . The hotel is extremely well laid out and in a wonderful area . We could not have had a better or more relaxing time . Thanks to all !

1  Thank Mark H
Mandarin Orient... M, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience! I will be happy to share your praises with my colleagues and hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Milan very soon!