“best sushi”

Zhen Asian Fusion Restaurant
Ranked #334 of 9,017 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed 19 June 2018

My friends and I like to visit this place because the quality of sushi is really good.
We basically always order same the dishes and they never disappoint us.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I eat in Japanese restaurants at least twice per week (in both all you can eat restaurants and à la carte restaurants), so I can say we're quit the experts when it comes to sushi. We were looking for a place we had never been to before and, as we saw that Zhen was mentioned in many online articles as one of the best all you can eat sushi restaurants in Milan, we decided to give it a try. After eating sushi so many times around Milan and after reading all the positive reviews, we definitely expected more than what we got...don't get me wrong, the food is not bad. We just don't get all the fuss about this place. We ordered salmon tartar with avocado, salmon and sea bass sashimi, two different kinds of gyoza, 3 rolls (one of which was a fried futomaki, the other 2 were covered in teriyaki sauce), a fair number of gunkans, one temaki (the only thing I truly enjoyed) and a few more things I don't remember about...and:
1. The tartar was actually quite good, but it literally had 2 little pieces of avocado inside (so where's the point?);
2. The sashimi was RIDICULOUS, I could barely see the slices of fish and it was also warm;
3. Gunkans were great, but still the portions were ridiculous;
4. The rolls just didn't taste like anything, the teriyaki sauce just covered every flavor;
5. Some of the dumplings were cold inside, the others seemed microwaved (way too hot inside);
6. The dessert we got (tiramisù) was FROZEN, it was like eating a piece of ice.

Pros of this restaurant:
- friendly staff
- you don't have to repeat the same order 20 times because they bring you what you're asking for right away
- they're fast
- slightly less expensive than the average
- menu with a lot of options

Cons:
- location!
- they mixed a few orders
- bland fish and portions

Will we come back? Probably not

1  Thank Camikat1708
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The food is tasty and fresh. Not extraordinary but it's ok for 20€ per person. The service is good and the restaurant is not noisy or something. It's ok for a dinner with friends or colleagues.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

This lovely restaurant is literally 1/2 block from my house and last week was the first time I have tried it, I love Japanese, Chinese and Asian fusion, and this was perfect. I have been to a few All-You-Can-Eat sushi places here and have been disappointed, but NOT here.
This was a delightful place, with great seating and lights, and spotlessly clean. The portion sizes are excellent for someone to try lots of different types of sushi and other things, and I did! The 6 different food items that I tried,were delicious- Tempura shrimp, tiger roll, spicy tuna roll, Yakitori chicken, Korokke (croquette) breaded & fried mashed potato, and gyoza ( meat dumplings) - all very good!!
Now this is important- it gets VERY VERY busy at lunch time, we arrived about 12:10 (super early for Italian lunch) but we were happy to get there early, as all the sushi is made to order, so you have to wait a while if you decided you want more things... the 2 kitchens ( one in the front for making sushi, and one in the back for grilling & frying ) make it impossible to tell when your order will be out, and in what order you get them, nevertheless we were very pleased with our service ( yes, the manager speaks English!!). The staff were some of the busiest, friendliest and hardest working staff I have seen here in Milano. Zhen is open 12-15 lunch time, if you go, I recommend going early!!

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Quality way below the average ayce in Milan. Considering all the positive reviews, definitely it didn't meet our expectations. Service can be improved significantly, we waited more than 20mins to eat something. Disgusting deep fried spring roll, avoid it!