“Best Michelin Star Vegetarian Restaurant!”
Review of Joia

Joia
Reserve with
Joia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #241 of 9,220 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We dined at Joia recently and were very satisfied with the food, ambience and the service. It is hard to find a Michelin Star Vegetarian restaurant anywhere in the world. If you are in Milan, no matter whether you are vegetarian or otherwise, you should dine in here. We ordered the mushroom lentil soup and it was delicious. I have never tried this combination before! After the soup, we tried all the four first courses listed in the menu and they were perfect. Strongly recommend Joia for all occasions!

1  Thank SafariLover94
Write a ReviewReviews (1,783)

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Had an amazing sampling lunch of the daily features. Incredible flavors! Would return to try the restaurant for dinner on a future visit to Milan!

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I tried this place quite a few times, I know it is the only veggie in Milan with a Michelin star, still it never persuaded me entirely.
Indeed the presentation of the food is great, but the taste is not as good in my view.
It is clear that the research and ideas of the chef are incredible, but at the end the result for me is not as incredible....
It is trendy indeed, but in my view there are veggies In Milan which are much better... and also much less expensive.... considering that prices are of course at the level of a Michelin star restaurant.
I think this will be my last time...

2  Thank Claudia G
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I rank food above a lot of things in my life, but Joia made me realize how much of a difference 'quality of service' can make to one's experience in a restaurant. We went for a day trip to Milan and out of all the Michelin guide restaurants, booked Joia for lunch for 2 reasons - it was vegetarian cuisine and it was my hubby's birthday(which i did mention to them while booking). Though the food was really good for our tummy - we went a la carte and ordered variety of food options - the service did not do anything for our soul. The guy who took our order had a sullen face throughout, did not offer any recommendations and when asked, replied with a frown. The sommelier when asked for any other light bodied wine (apart from the one he had recommended) flatly said "no we don't have any other". Really? In any decent restaurant, when you mention it's someone's birthday they do the best they can. Here the mantra seems totally opposite. So yes the food was really tasty and well presented - Inner landscape, a doorway to heaven (beautiful names of dishes), but it doesn't bring a smile to your face once you leave. So I would let this one go!

2  Thank swati s
Reviewed 10 May 2017

-Inexperienced too young waiters
-Unnecessarily dark
-We had lunch menu and the quality of foods were really awful.
I started having a severe stomach ache and had to rush home due to the nausea.
All the dishes were just bizarre. It wasn't art.
I absolutely think it's not worth 2 stars.
-over-priced

2  Thank vodkaneat80

Been to Joia? Share your experiences!