See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 June 2016

Two start hotel without diserving it: matress too soft, extremely hot room without air conditioned, breakfast without water or juics and low options of food, front desk without city map or tourism information.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with air conditioned... If they have it!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2015

You would not be coming round Piazzale Loreto if you were a tourist. Unless, that is, if you want to see the place where Mussolini and Chiara Petacci, his mistress, were hung by their feet in 1943. You'll have to use your imagination though. Today this is a terribly busy roundabout full of traffic. The area is very much an immigrant ghetto with bank and insurance company offices. Not very sexy. However, if you think that you are 4 metro stops from Piazza Duomo and that you can get a hotel room for around €45, you may think again.
Hotel Loreto is very simple and spartan but rooms are clean and quiet and the shower (on suite) is good. If you are looking for a cheap stay, this is the place to come. The service is friendly and helpful, the breakfast very simple and plain but for that price you won't find much better in Milan, including AirB&B

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

This summer I was here for the second time in my traveller's life. Good occupation, low cost, multi-language reception - these were the main reasons for the second visit. In fact - prices now are higher, reception is now speaking only Italian and Spanish, breakfast is poor. For example - a man from reception doesn't know, that parking is in 200 meters and advice to drop your car in the street; instead of help to open the door of your room at 10 pm receptionist: not be so loud! May be this hotel was sold to people from Latin America? In this case we ought to know new orientation to find something else and better.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2015 via mobile

The room was after renovation situated at the first floor. It was rather small but cosy. It was very clean. For the breakfast typical sweet Italian food, without ham or cheese (common in North Europe :)). Very good location, no far away from the underground. The district rather silent, with big immigrants influence.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2014

I unfortunately think I might of expected too much of this hotel before arriving - before booking I had read nothing but great reviews of what to expect but it was boringly average. Due to the Hotel being only 2 stars I don't think you can expect very much out of it.
The reception staff who only speak very limited English were not very welcoming which made our arrival seem somewhat disappointing. Additionally to this we did not get what we had booked for in advance. Upon booking, we had requested a luxury double room with balcony but we received a triple room with no balcony.
The room was clean, although quite noisy. You are given one pillow each and there were no additional ones available for the beds. The bathroom had a cracked sink and a cracked toilet seat which need replacing. Our ceiling fan made the most horrendous noise that it was impractical to use it and the air conditioner worked fine for an about an hour after being switched on but started making loud noises after an hour.
In order to make use of the safe we were required to put a 20 Euro deposit down, in order to receive the key from the reception. This I found somewhat annoying but upon checking out I did receive my deposit back.
The breakfast was alright, although very average once again. Standard cereals with yoghurts, some cold meats, bread and croissants were served daily between 7-10am. The best part of breakfast was the lovely coffees served, make sure to try a cappuccino if you find yourself there. If I do find myself in Milan again, Hotel Loreto will not be my first choice for accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple