“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I chose Nectare for our first night in Milan based on great TripAdvisor reviews and because it was located fairly close to our hotel. We had made reservations through the Fork and received a nice discount. When we arrived, we were greeted, promptly seated, and provided with a complementary Prosecco. Everything was properly prepared, and our dinners were fabulous. We wouldn’t hesitate to return.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It is a gem with the discount offered, alcohol included. There are some great wines. Food is excellent. The only drawback is the low key ambience, but i am fine with that.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was saved by offering 50% off. The food was edible, but we always felt grave errors were made to make it enjoyable, nice or memorable. Every dish was bland. The beetroot julienne was just chopped beetroot. The tartare of veal had nice meat in it, but it needed the promised ginger and it needed to loose the pointless dots of sauce without flavour. The mojito spaghetti was pleasant, needed seasoning, could have had more mint taste and was virtually cold. Nobody came to check whether we liked the food and I did not want to call someone to warm it up as my wife and I want to eat at the same time and I did not want to wait for a new hot one, nor did I want it nuked. The risotto was ok in flavours once we seasoned it. The rice had crunch but where was the creamy richness you expect? The tiramisu was the best in flavour of all our dishes, but lacked richness as well. A very correct negroamare wine was good value as we got 50% off and was the highlight. The service is good and friendly, but let down by no opportunity to discuss the food deficiencies. The huge dining room needs updating and lacks character and intimacy. It was edible, okay for the money at 50% off. I would have hated paying the full price for that.

walter d, F&B Manager at Nectare, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Erik B.,

First of all many thanks for visiting us. It appears from yours comments that we did not manage to meet your expectations for which I apologize on behalf of the entire team here at the Nectare Restaurant.
We are sorry if some dishes did not meet your expectations, I brought your comments to the attention of those concerned and we will do all our best to improve the services even if it’s usually appreciated from most of our valued guests and respects totally our standards.
Concerning the pasta we asked if we could recook but you answered in negative manners, but we apologize for all the occurred unpleasent inconvenience.
We invite you to contact directly by e-mail at info@nectare.it, to book a new experience at our restaurant and to try our new menù à la carte. It will be a pleasure for me to take care of your experience.
Best regards
Walter Di Ruscio

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Among my visits to Milan, this is the best pace to have dinner. The service is also very good. Veal is crispy shrimps are very delicious! I will definite go again next time!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We booked a table, we got welcome drink, apetizer, very tasty foods and we celebrated a birthday and got a bonus dessert with a candle :) marvelous place!

walter d, F&B Manager at Nectare, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Mèszàros, thankyou for your positive comment, we are really happy that you had a satisfying experience and we hope to see you again in the future.
Best regards, Walter Di Ruscio