2,119 results
All reviews great location piazza fontana renovated room shopping area star hotel central location breakfast buffet is business hotel visiting milan yogurt metro station concierge cathedral fabio slippers europe euros
Reviewed 15 September 2018

I am a regular vsiistor of this hotel for business reason and would recommend it for this purpose or for a short tourist stay. It is ideally located next to the Duomo. It is a bit impersonal but is quiet, comfortable, food is provided by Eataly and is of good quality for breakfast and room service. A good gym at the top floor. Staff is attentive and friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
RosaGrand, Direttore at Rosa Grand – Starhotels Collezione, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Gosgus,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the Rosa Grand Milano - Starhotels Collezione.

We genuinely value the trust and faith you have put into our facilities and team. I am pleased to hear that all your visits have been a success and you particularly enjoyed the convenient location and quality of our food.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2018

The room was clean, well attended, and the staff were excellent... Especially Fabio Neri at the concierge. He assisted with checking in for flight, getting box shipped, location information and tickets for the last supper, and assistance for my electric wheelchair which I used to zip around. Fabulous! I needed a close location because the electric wheelchair only has so much battery. I was able to go in all directions and get to the sites in the chair.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
RosaGrand, Direttore at Rosa Grand – Starhotels Collezione, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear 123gotoo,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your recent stay at the Rosa Grand Milano - Starhotels Collezione.

I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic experience and thank you for your compliments on the service provided by Fabio Neri and the rest of the team which I have shared with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 3 nights, great location right near the Duomo and amazing shopping mall.

Hotel is beautiful with lovely decor, very modern. Huge bathroom!

Staff were very helpful when there was a mix up with our room. Make sure if you book a family room you check that it has two beds in a larger room because our family room for three people was too small so we had to upgrade for an extra cost per night to a Junior Suite... luckily there was availability and we could upgrade.

Breakfast was great and had the best Club Sandwich from room service AAA+++

Would stay here again

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Navigator642769

I am pleased to hear that overall you had a positive experience and thoroughly enjoyed the quality of our facilities, the convenient location as well as the quality of our food.

It is great to hear you are already thinking to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We were in Milan for a family vacation. As we arrived at the Rosa Grand Milano there was an issue with another patron so the atmosphere was less than pleasant. They were upset and the hotel staff were not accommodating at all. As we began to check-in the hotel reception requested our 5 passports. We were checked-in only to find once we arrived at our two rooms that there was only accommodation for 4 people not 5. Back down to the front desk to be told this might be a problem as the hotel was full! I said we had not changed our reservation we were put in the wrong rooms. She then found us two different rooms. The rooms were not adjoining as we had paid for but at this point I wasn’t making any fuss about my small children being across the hall. At 6 am we were awoken to jack hammers on our wall shared with our headboard! I immediately called the front desk to which they said they had no control over the construction in the adjacent building! The noise was SO bad I video recorded it to play for the hotel manager. I requested a Manager come to our rooms to hear the construction for themselves. No one came. We complained several more times to deaf ears. We were dealing with the Concierge and she was not accommodating at all. I have travelled my whole life and never been treated so poorly in any rated hotel. The attitude and dismissive behaviour of the staff was appalling. The lack of curtesy and acknowledgement of error was like nothing I have experienced with hotels or otherwise. You couldn’t pay me to stay in any of these hotels again!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
RosaGrand, Direttore at Rosa Grand – Starhotels Collezione, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Laura S,

I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

After having been able to identify your reservation given your Tripadvisor ID and part of the comments you have made, I have thoroughly investigated the matter with the Team and below are my findings which slightly differ from your statements.

You actually had three reservations, two made through one channel and a third one made through a different source. As one of the three bookings was for a day earlier and no evidence suggested that the reservations were linked to each other due to the different sources, names and lack of comments, rooms in different areas of the hotel had originally been allocated. Upon your arrival, it became apparent that you had a number of requests which we are always more than happy to accommodate, however we were in part restricted by the high occupancy which you have indeed mentioned in your comments. Eventually, a suitable resolution was found.

With regards to the external noise, whilst we were not made aware of any planned works and have already filed a complaint against one of our neighbours through the local council, I am sorry that you had to experience what you described in your review.

I also want to clarify that one of our managers on duty came to your bedroom to listen to you and went to the building next door in order to ask the builders to refrain from making such noise. Furthermore, the day after three of our managers, namely Angelo, Denise and Marialuisa listened to your concerns and also sent you a follow-up email. As explained this was an unusual and unforeseen event.

Laura S, once again I am sorry that your personal experience was not satisfactory and, as the vast majority of the guests staying with us have a fantastic experience as you can gather from the other reviews, I hope you will choose to stay with us again in order to enjoy our usual high standards of facilities and service.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a group. The hotel is very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very nice. The location, near the cathedral, is great for visits and there are many very good restaurants in the area. Two issues - no coffee in the rooms (espresso only)and the breakfast was very busy, food was slow in coming out and the staff were clearly struggling to keep up. Overall, recommended but be prepared to take advantage of the local restaurants for breakfasts.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RosaGrand, Direttore at Rosa Grand – Starhotels Collezione, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Riverdog1,

I am pleased to hear that overall you had a positive experience and appreciated the convenient location, our friendly team and the cleanliness of our facilities.

It is our standard to provide all bedrooms with a high quality and luxurious coffee machine, so that all of our guests can have a "real Italian experience". All types of coffee, including Americano, Cappuccino, Macchiato, ecc. are available in all the Food & Beverage outlets and through our Room Service.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back.