As I write this we are getting ready to leave after a wonderful week in the area.
The apartment was perfect for us we had apartment 1b. We used booking.com to find the apartment.
So what do we think.
1. The owners Dana and Guiseppe. They have made the whole process so easy for us from booking, to arriving, to helpful advice and allowing extra time as we have a late flight and the apartment is not booked tonight. The commication has been initially email, followed by SMS, and mobile phone. Nothing has been too much trouble for them. Dana is from USA so using English is easy. Guiseppe is fluent in English also.
2. The apartment is spacious and well equipped. If you really wanted to self cater then it would be easy. Although I suspect local eateries would make it unnecessary. The pictures do show it well and they are very accurate. The bathroom is well equipped, good towels, powerful shower. My wife brought her own hairdryer, but didn't need to as the one supplied is very good.
3. Location. The apartment is about 50 meters from the shopping streets. The lake front is 5 minutes stroll. The current best restaurant on tripadvisor is out the door turn right take two steps and enter. Frankly it is wonderful if you want to be in town. The other restaurants on your door step are also very good, also a late find the bar just round the corner is good for a late drink. All in all a great location.
4. Patio outside catches the afternoon sun, a real sun trap. Comfortable chairs and table. It is set in the old part of town so expect town atmosphere not lake views.
5.Supermarket, good sized Carrefour about 2 minutes walk away.
6. Stresa is a really good starting point for Lake Maggiore. There ferry terminal is large by lake standards, Isola Bella is 5 minutes away. There is a railway station with a direct link to Malpensa. We had a car for the week, but I don't think we would bother with it again, it has been used on two days, and both of those trips could have been done using rail, ferry and cable car.
7. Wi-fi is very good in the apartment.
Overall excellent. If we ever come back to Stresa we would first try to book this apartment. Thanks again to Dana and Guiseppe.
This was our second stay in this appartment and it didn't disappoint. It's modern, clean, tidy and very well equipped. The owners are helpful and quick to respond to queries and requests for information. The location is great in central Stresa, close to shops, lakeside and transport links.
My husband and I visited Stresa in June and spent 4 nights in this apartment. Stresa is very easy to get to (we traveled by train from Milan Malpensa airport). Guiseppe and Dana kindly met us at the train station in Stresa on arrival and even gave us a lift back on the day of departure which was a very nice touch. While the apartment is well within walking distance of the train station it was nice not to have to walk with our luggage. The apartment was in a fantastic location -very close to lots of lovely restaurants and shops as well as the lake and waterfront. The apartment is very well equipped and comfortable and the air con worked very well. Stresa is a beautiful town and we enjoyed trips to some of the nearby islands as well as on the mottarone cable car and to Locarno, Switzerland on the very reasonably priced Lago Maggiore express (train there and boat back). A very enjoyable holiday and we hope to return!
A beautiful apartment in a great location, close to cafes & ferry wharf.
We were met by the owners at the railway station. They could not have been more helpful.
The apartment is very modern , spacious & clean.
I would thoroughly recommend this stay.