“Shocking service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Nice food, but terrible service. Me and my partner got shoved in the corner and forgotten about.

We asked 3 different waiters if we could get some drinks and at the end of the meal (an hour later) the guy shows up with my beer.

We didn't stay for desert, we asked for the bill and waited another 40 minutes (during this time I had asked numerous members of staff).

At this point me and my girlfriend were just mad at the situation, so we went up to the till and explained what had happened to the owner. There was no apology and she still applied the 'cover charge' which I couldn't understand, given our complaints about the lacklustre service.

Avoid this restaurant.

1  Thank Cruiser17590801080

Reviewed 1 November 2018

La Colombetta is a family owned restaurant; I believe two sisters owned it. The food was fantastic – fresh pasta and the sauce was delicious, the service was good, great atmosphere and very nice staff. My wife and I for sure will definitely go back for another great meal.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

The food is fantastic - excellent fish in all forms (raw, with pasta etc), great atmosphere and very polite staff. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

This was our favorite restaurant in Como! It is a beautiful restaurant with delicious food and great service.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is owned by 2 sisters. One of them was downright rude to us from start to finish. Our reservation was made through our hotel, informing the restaurant that we are vegetarians and my father is allergic to mushrooms. On getting the menu, out of the 4 options (including salad) which were vegetarian, 3 of them contained mushrooms. When we asked the lady if they could do something else she just shrugged her shoulders, said we can choose form what’s on the menu only and walked off. Then she returned to take the order and then grudging told us she can give us a mozzarella or burrata salad. And asparagus with mushrooms. So we ordered a salad, grilled asparagus and the one pasta that was without mushrooms. The portions arrived and they were very small. We asked our waiter to get us another portion of the pasta. The lady promptly comes to our table and berates us saying you can’t keep on ordering food as and when you please, you can only order at one time. I’ll place your order for a second portion of pasta but if you want something else you tell me now. Surprisingly she was smiling and talking very cordially to all the tables around us which were occupied by Europeans and Americans. We were so disgusted that we didn’t even look at the dessert menu, asked for the bill and for a taxi to take us to our hotel in Cernobbio. She refused to call a taxi for us and told us to walk to the duomo to get one. Then she came with printed directions on how to get to the duomo. Maybe then on seeing the disgust on our faces, she relented and said ok I’ll call for the taxi here.
I had taken my parents to this restaurant on recommendations of our hotel as well as friends. But I must say - do not go there if you are brown.

Date of visit: September 2018