“Fantastic Experience!”

Gusto Italiano Bellagio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience cooking as in a real Italian home guided by a genuine housewife teaching you how to cook a perfect traditional meal for your family and friends, simply the Italian way.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and 5 friends had an unforgettable day in Bellagio learning how to cook Italian food with Gusto Italiano. Both Daniela and Diane made the experience extra special, both being fun, friendly and entertaining hostesses! Every part of the course was so enjoyable, from shopping for local produce in the town, to preparing fresh pasta from scratch and then enjoying our meal on the private balcony.

We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the day and would thoroughly recommend this to anyone visiting Lake Como.

All reviews
"european holiday"
"the lake como region"
"ask questions"

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Spent today with the lovely Christina and Daniela shopping for fresh, local ingredients and learning to make bruschetta, ravioli, and tiramisu. The food was delicious and these two ladies are fantastic - warm, friendly and hilarious! What a wonderful final day on Lake Como!

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and 5 friends took part in this fantastic day as a birthday treat for two of them. From start to finish this was amazing, the people were lovely, big shout out to Diana who ran our day and was so welcoming and nice to all of us.

We spent the whole day there, a fully immersive experience, from going out into the town and buying the fresh produce in some of the wonderful little shops, to making all three courses, being taught how and really getting stuck in.

After a few hours of cooking, learning, chatting and laughing we then got to try our food. It was just wonderful, out on a secluded terrace with just us, drinking and eating. We stayed for hours before heading off.

We felt so welcome and had such a great time. I would recommend to anyone that this is a MUST if visiting the area.

Handy Hint: we were staying in Domaso so had to travel to the class, we caught the ferry at 6am. YES 6am and had a wonderful little walk around the town before anyone was awake and then had coffee and pastries whilst waiting for 9.30am. It was a truly amazing day.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

My daughter (21) and I took this class and it was the first cooking class for both of us. Well I have to say this was one of the best things we did during our entire trip to Italy. The food was delicious and Christina was very knowledgeable and fun! Shortly after we got home to the US we purchased a pasta crank machine and we have made ravioli with sage sauce 3 times already for friends and family! I highly recommend this wonderful class!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I could write all day about how much fun we had, so let’s break it up in categories.

Location: the kitchen is about 30 yards up the alley from the Hotel DuLac from the waterfront, so very convenientWe and easy to find. Once you arrive, check in begins, which is very quick as there is only room for 6 people. The first room is a small lobby and the kitchen is upstairs. Once up there, a large kitchen opens into a large table and seating area where you’ll do a lot of your work. Then a few steps to the door is where you’ll see the patio where you’ll dine once the meal is complete. The whole setting is charming and you feel like you’re cooking in someone’s kitchen, which...you are.

Shopping: as soon as you’re checked in, it’s time to go shop for your ingredients. Elisabetta will join you and you’re off...up the hills to her favorite meat market, then cheese store, produce shop, then market for other items...and don’t forget the last stop which is her friends herb garden to grab the necessary herbs. This was so cool. Go shop with a young lady that grew up in Bellagio and see the interaction with her and her friends who own businesses in the best village on Lake Como.

Prep and Cooking: okay back in the kitchen and the process begins. First the tools, Elisabetta prefers the Le Creuset cast iron, the pasta roller on the table, the different ingredients and so much more...and as we ask questions about why for all of these there’s a logical reason for everything. Which, when we got home, Costco has the cast iron that rates as high as Le Creuset and after using it, she was right. She began by getting the ragu going and explaining the cutting/slicing/dicing of all items. Most of which you will be put in charge of while hanging out. We did it all for our meal, Tagliatelle with Beef Ragu, Bruschetta (which is Broo-sket-uh not Broo-shet-uh), and tiramisu. Everything is done from scratch save for the cookies for the tiramisu. Thank goodness. But the most fun for me was the flour and egg volcano to make the pasta. It wasn’t as time consuming as I thought but the flavor was so much better. I told you we bought the cast iron, and the pasta roller is about to be ordered as well. We prepped it all in about 2.5 hours or so, was amazing time cooking from scratch.

Eating: on to the patio as the food was done. Bruschetta first. And learning the correct technique for tomatoes, garlic, and even oil...very different than we ever were taught. It was amazing. Then to the pasta which changed my impression of how pasta should taste, the best. Then on to tiramisu which I was never a huge fan of, but this was an amazing flavor that made me think I’ve been wrong all along.

Host: this was my highlight. Elisabetta made the day. She is so open while talking about her upbringing which is basically in the room you’re in and on the patio right next door. Just being with her for the morning and early afternoon made the experience SO much better. I know she has children and only works a day or two a week, but she was a rockstar.

Overall: this was our highlight for our 27 day trip all over Italy and a couple other countries. I know that sounds tough to justify, but we had so much fun with Gusto Italiano and recommend you book immediately.