“Great little restaurant!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This trattoria is small and in high demand. Come early or plan the wait across the walk at the same ownership enoteca Aperitivo et al. It is worth it. Our selections of fresh lake fish, chicken cacciatore, and pasta were all truly excellent. We ordered wine by the bottle but observed that locals went for the extensive house wine list by the glass. The Tiramisu was perhaps the best we ever enjoyed!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great little place, friendly and attentive staff, reasonable prices, EXCELLENT filet of beef.
When you arrive if the restaurant is full you can go for a drink in the wine bar opposite and they call you when your table is ready, you can carry your glass over, no need to knock it back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My dinner at Trattoria San Giacomo was by far one of the best meals I had during my 2 weeks traveling through Italy. Not only was the food exceptional, the staff was very welcoming which provided a relaxing atmosphere. I had their ravioli with butter and sage -- it was arguably the best ravioli I've ever had. Their menu is quite inexpensive which was shocking after tasting the quality of the food. Next time I'm in the Lake Como area, I will be returning to Trattoria San Giacomo for an authentic Italian meal!

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Good food. We took pasta as starters and tagliata to share as a main and they everything was really good.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, good sized portions beautifully cooked. A choice of local wine by the glass (our white was delicious).The staff are friendly yet professional and welcome you equally for three courses or one. The restaurant itself is very picturesque outside and very traditional Italian inside. We’d have eaten here every day had we stayed in Bellagio longer.