“Timeless Treasure”

Colleoni dell'Angelo Restaurant
Reserve with
Colleoni dell'Angelo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 744 Restaurants in Bergamo
Price range: US$39 - US$78
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Colleoni & dell'Angelo in the heart of the Old part of Bergamo in one of the loveliest places in Italy, among granite colums and arches, a unique and wonderful place where, in an atmosphere in which you can enjoy conversations enriched by many superlative interpretations of the best classical italian gastronomic traditions
Reviewed 25 April 2016

As a foodie I am a bit perplexed by the mixed reviews offered for what we found to be a wonderful dining experience overall. One caveat is that we attended with a family from Bergamo who dine at this restaurant often and therefore perhaps the menu items that were suggested to us may have led to food that certainly was not mediocre.

We had the Foie Gras, Steak Tartare, and some seafood dishes that were extraordinary. I selected a local vegetarian pasta dish that was very good, however, not extraordinary. In all fairness, another dish was suggested to me, but I stayed with my selection which again was very good, not great.

As others have said, the restaurant is lovely and from our personal experience, the wine was wonderful, the service was extraordinary and the food overall was delicious. I will say, if you love Steak Tartare, this was one of the best I have ever tasted.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

classic high end italian restaurant, the service is excellent and so is the food. place to keep on the agenda for the next trip

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

My second visit to this classic restaurant located on one of the most beautiful piazzas. I was with a group of colleagues having a set menu and the food was underwhelming and minute also in portion size. My main course was a coin sized veal fillet accompanied by 4 chip style pieces of potato with not another nod to the vegetable kingdom. Tiramisu was Ok-ish. The wine was good and the staff courteous, made an otherwise lacklustre meal tolerable.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

There are PROS and CONS associated with this restaurant. So long as you know what to expect, you shouldn't have any complaints. First the good ...
The setting is wonderful, on the main square with flawless surroundings. Even though we were in early with few other diners, it was nice.
The service was very good, if a bit formal with waiters dressed in suits.
The food was well presented and was tasty.
We started with a 'free' amuse bouche and 'free' petit four to finish, both of which were excellent.
And so, to the not so good.
Portions were absolutely miserly. I had to fill up with bread and rely on my wife giving me some of her food to feel like I'd had a meal ... not full, just a meal.
It is not cheap. We paid 160 E for two courses and a bottle of wine.
So in essence, nice food, but not enough of it.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Situated on one of Italy's most beautiful squares, this restaurant is nothing short of excellent with superb dishes such as truffled asparagus, duck-stuffed pasta, rack of lamb with turnip purée and good desserts, especially the 'Monte Bianco'. The wine list has depth and imagination and is fairly priced. Recommended.