1,206 results
All reviewssky barcinque terretrain stationbreakfast buffetsea viewmodern hoteljunior suiteper dayexcellent locationthe hotel staffan upgradecentral locationeach morningthree nightsloved this hotelsea frontthe air conditioning
Reviewed 30 July 2018

The location of hotel is good and breakfast very good.
On the minus side, on my day of arrival, when the outside temperature was in the mid 30’s, my room temperature was 26 degrees C. I adjusted the wall mounted thermostat to 22 degrees to achieve a lower temperature. After about 2 hours it was still too warm in the room. I checked to see how far the temperature had dropped, but in fact it had remained static at 26 degrees.
I went to reception to report a fault in the system and was told (for the first time) that I only needed to ask to have the air-con switched on. Although there was a thermostatic controller in the room, the air-con was computer-controlled, room by room at the reception desk. My wife was in the room whilst I was reporting the fault and told me later that the air-con fan started operating within minutes of me going to reception.
On arrival I was advised of breakfast times and wi-fi codes. I didn’t have to ask reception to activate wi-fi before I used it or the TV remote. So why should it be necessary to contact Reception before using the air-con? So, don’t rely on the air-con control in your room. Reception control on/off and probably the temperature control and duration of use. I complained that my booking had included a number of features including air-con and that I expected to be left to control it to my own comfort level for the duration of my stay. The management was apologetic but I doubt whether it will change how they operate.
I consider that having spent 450 euros per night for one of their best rooms that I should have control over air-con.
I wouldn’t use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Hotel close to beach with some rooms overlooking
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel_TigullioRoyal, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Tigullio Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Mr. George,
Thank you for appreciating the location and the breakfast which was very good.
Sorry for the unfortunate situation on your arrival. I do apology for that.
I am glad to clarify that the temperature guaranteed in the free rooms is always 23 degrees, but when the client is in the room he can modify the temperature according to his needs using the wall mounted thermostat.
Unfortunately on the day of your arrival something wrong happened to the thermostat controller suddenly ,in fact the housekeeping Supervisor told me that during her daily check ( one hour before your arrival) everything was perfect. Sorry for this incovenient but when you informed the reception they did a reset on the computer in order to make the thermostat work properly, in fact soon after everything was ok.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future so that we can provide you with the experience you deserve.

Best regards,

Andrea Boccardi - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Excellent hotel with friendly, highly competent and professional staff. Fabulous location, convenient for downtown exploration. Clean and well kept with a very good breakfast selection; beautiful bar on the eighth floor with a panoramic view of the waterfront.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We had 3 nights in a Junior Suite. Room was an ok size with partitioned bedroom small separate living room with 2 small balconies. Air conditioner was loud and when I mentioned it the receptionist said it gets louder if you turn the fan up which wasn’t true as it was loud on any setting so we had to tape a hand towel over the control unit so we could sleep. The bed was hard so I asked for another topper but because it was very thin it didn’t help much. Breakfast was average and the scrambled eggs were a funny colour. Parking across the road was handy and the porter would collect your car for you. Shopping in Rapallo was very disappointing and most of it not from Italy. Driving around this area is not for the faint hearted and if you want to go to Portofino take the ferry as they close the road once it is full.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our Hotel and leaving your feedback.
Thank you for appreciating your room which is a junior room with seaview on the Gulf of Tigullio.
We are sorry for the air conditioner probably there was a problem with the thermostat which registered the wrong temperature and thank to your comment our maintenance is monitoring it.
Regarding the bed we have different thickness of topper in order to meet the needs of our clients and we are sorry you weren’t satisfied with it.
Referring to the “funny colour” of the eggs it happened when they cooked for a long time.
Your comments are very important for us and will be used to monitor and improve the services provided to our guests.
We hope that you will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Best regards from Rapallo,

Andrea Boccardi - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Being unfamiliar with the area I was unsure about my choice of hotel and its location, given that my husband and I we were attending a wedding in the neighboring town of Zoagli, a 10 minute taxi ride away. We need not have worried however as we really could not have asked for more during our stay at the Best Western Hotel Tigullio Royal for 3 nights. The hotel is very centrally located, perfect for walking the promenade and in very close walking proximity to the town. The railway station is about an 8-10 minute walk away. The rooms are airy, bright and comfortable and come with tea/coffee making facilities. The beds and pillows are also comfortable too. The staff, Edwin the bell boy and especially Elizabetta at Reception were most helpful to us in making restaurant recommendations as well as booking tickets for the ferry to Santa Margherita Ligure and Portofino. There is a delightful roof top terrace in the hotel from which to enjoy a selection of sun-downers in the evening whilst soaking in the views of the beautiful Italian Riviera, with plentiful snacks on offer provided by the charming barman. The breakfast was delicious and varied too and catered for those with Gluten intolerance which was helpful. Lovely selection of food, and also cooked to order if required such as omelettes. We utilised the local pool/beach across from the hotel where a discounted rate is offered to guests of the BWHTR. Truly we could not fault anything with the BWHTR during our stay, and look forward to returning again in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: We occupied room 306 which was adequate and spacious, with plenty of cupboard space, lovely view facing the sea/beach with balcony/terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We loved this hotel. Our room overlooked the sea with a balcony. It was clean and modern. The staff couldn't have been nicer. I wanted to mail a postcard and they offered to buy stamps and take the letters to the post office. The buffet breakfast was well varied. They also had a rooftop bar and provided blankets at night if you were cold up there. Parking across the street was easy too. There was a private paid beach (10 Euro a person) right across the street which was clean and nice too. I would definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family