All reviewsrooftop terracewalking distance from the stationcroissantsbus stopcinque terrestayed for nightsmarinaportofinotoiletriescappuccinobalconiescastlegenoaboat
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Myself and my girlfriend visited Rapallo and stayed at the Hotel Giulio Cesare for 4 nights in August 2018. The hotel was excellent, fantactic location near to the marina, very clean and quiet and the hotel staff were very helpful with our requests. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with plenty of varity continental style breakfast.

I don't usually write reviews, however our experience at the hotel made our holiday complete and felt compelled to write a review!

note - the hotel has a roor top terrace which has excellent views overlooking Rapallo and the surrounding Mountains. We visited every evening with a nice bottle of prosecco ( local supermarket minutes away) before we headed out for the evening. The view is by far the best even compared to views inside Rapallo town. A worthy visit!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Impossible for sleeping there. Right at the main road with single glass windows, you could hear loud vehicles throughout the whole night like by a highway. Given a noisy room even we’ve requested for a quiet room for our anniversary trip. We told the front desk about the problem and how they handled it was unfortunately very unprofessional, hence the bad review.
We’re totally looking forward to this anniversary trip but this worst hotel experience ever ruined it.
P.S. Found a dusty old men’s underwear in the wardrobe.. pretty gross.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Claudio S, Direttore generale at Hotel Giulio Cesare, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Guest,
we are very sorry for your bad experience at Hotel Giulio Cesare. It is true that you asked for a quiet room and we assigned one of the best room in the Hotel (completely renovated and with 2 glasses windows).
When you told us that you could not sleep, we were sorry for you and we told that you could move to another room and we proposed 2 different rooms: one at the top with sea view and one triple with balcony on the back. Unfortunately you could not hear reason because you wanted to leave the Hotel without paying the night and you “offer us": to pay only the breakfast and services and later to pay 50%, otherwise you were going to write in all social media your “bad experience”.
You decide that we are not professional because we offer to change room. Moreover we could charge both nights instead of one as we have done. For Hotel Giulio Cesare this is professionalism together to not accept your threat!

Reviewed 3 August 2018

What a lovely surprise. We booked the night before and couldn't have been happier. Claudio was very accommodating. Our room was lovely and there is a rooftop terrace that gives you an overview of the marina, city, and surrounding mountains. We hope to stay here again in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018

I enjoyed my stay here very much. It was in a great location a few steps from the lungomare (boardwalk) and the staff was very friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. I especially liked the breakfast which had everything including fresh fruit, croissants, yoghurt, and gluten free crackers and biscuits. I can't believe it's only a three star hotel- I would say four stars. The only negative was the thinness of the internal walls- I could hear my neighbours quite clearly.

Room Tip: Maybe get a room not directly facing the street.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2018

I stayed for 5 nights in this hotel and was impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The rooms were spotlessly clean. I was part of a group of 21 and the size of the rooms varied greatly. My room was number 32,which was a double with balconies. No refrigerator although some of the other rooms had one.
The feast and celebrations for the New Year were, in my opinion brilliant.
Breakfast was continental and the evening meal a bit limited. But no one can please all the people all the time.
Would I re-visit? Yes if I could have the same room.

The town of Rapallo was vibrant with Christmascelebrations, a Christmas Market along the prom, an amazing exhibition in the castle, a fair, musical evenings, boat and train trips to the Cinque Terre. Lots to do and see and all close to the Hotel.

Room Tip: Room 32 or 41 or there is one on the 4th floor with a terrace
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends