All reviews rooms are small margarita bay sea portofino
Reviewed 11 August 2015

As everyone points out, the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. The location is perfect and the sea view is superb. There is parking on the street side or a car park across the street for about 10euros a day.
Our room was tired and the furnishings were very worn. The fold out bed looked like it had seen better days and seemed like it might collapse. Although the room was clean the bathroom wasn't clean enough and the medicine cabinet was visibly yuky inside. There wasn't a shower curtain or screen and so you stand in the small bath trying not to wet the foor. The aircon is great and there was a fan in the room. The breakfast was basic and not what you would expect for nearly 200 euros a night. It's relative, if you paid 40 euros a night, you might feel that you can live with it.
The bar was something from the twilightzone, upon asking for a glass of wine, I was told that they don't sell it by the glass and that I had to buy full a bottle, however the next night I was able to buy just a glass. I tried asking for a beer on two nights and I was told that there was beer in the room mini bar. We loved Rapallo and the boat that takes you down to Portofino but we counted down the nights that we had to sleep in this hotel room. Whoever owns the hotel is letting the wonderful staff down and it also seems disrepsectful to the paying guests. They need to spend a little bit of the profit on tidying this place up or at least replace the towels that are like high grade sandpaper! Oh and the wifi was terrible.

Room Tip: Choose a good room by going somewhere better
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Justin S
Reviewed 21 July 2015

This hotel must be the absolute shame of Rapallo. The building looks more like a scene from Hollywood Universal Studios ... The balconies are absolutely dangerous, hanging of the building by a thread. This hotel is supposed to be four **** stars, which must be a joke? The only plus is the location in midtown and across the street from the beach and ocean. If you are in for the thrill of your life, then go ahead. Otherwise just check in with the Best Western Tigullio Royal hotel next door. You'll be happy you did.

Room Tip: Simply don't
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I too stumbled across this hotel after dis coving the hotel I had booked to be unpleasant. I walked the main promenade of Rapallo and liked the look of this hotel. I was met at the desk my Marco, and extraordinary welcoming young man. He even offered to help me retrieve my luggage from the other hotel. We had a nice chat to our walk to and from.
I had a lovely balconied room overlooking the sea and enjoyed the great sea air.
Their breakfast is so pleasant, sunny, lovely china, eggs and fresh homemade banana muffins... Yum.
They each went out of their way to ensure I had a nice experience. Well done.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed two nights at Rosa Bianca. Marco greeted us at the front desk and I can honestly say he is one of the most friendly and helpful reception/concierge/restaurant team members I have come across. He was happy to answer all our questions, make dinner reservations for us at a local restaurant and serve our drinks in the hotel bar. He and his wife (sorry, have forgotten her name) who served our breakfast are a real asset to this hotel. We chose Rosa Biana because we wanted to be close to the waterfront and we were not disappointed. Our room was on the 4th floor, on the corner, so we had a lovely little balcony to watch the world go by. This was especially interesting in the evening when the boardwalk was filled with people eating, dancing and enjoying life. The room was cosy - typical for an older building - but was fine with us in the one bedroom and our children on the sofa bed and rollaway in the lounge area. The bathroom was a bit disappointing as it was old and tired and could do with a renovation. However the room was clean and tidy and a turn down service is provided every evening.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason and Melan... W
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We spent three nights in Rosabianca.......the owners of the hotel have "two of their best assets" in the front desk staff with Paola and Marco......they were most accommodating to make sure that our stay with them was perfect. The hotel overlooks the Gulf of Tiguillo and has easy ferry access to Santa Margherita and Portofino. The town of Rapallo is beautiful and relaxing. Hotel room was small (Italy sized) with a terrace overlooking the Gulf. As I can only speak for our bathroom shower ....... it was not up to par (black mold).....hopefully the other bathrooms weren't the same. If the hotel corrects that situation it would be great place to stay

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends