other travellers have booked this property

Review of Vintage Room

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

THOMAS H
MESA
“Experience the Vernazza Culture”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

This is a tough one to review. In comparison to other hotels in the Cinque Terra region, this is very comparable. If you are a traveler who wants to experience what it is like to live in the compact, gorgeous town built on the rugged Italian Riviera, this could be the place to stay. The apartment was completely renovated so everything was new. It had a refrigerator and TV, small living room, adequate size bedroom, tiny bathroom and a balcony on the back looking over other folk's balconies. A large window opens up from the living room to the main street, as does the window in the bedroom. There is no A/C, and the temps were in the 90's when we visited, so those windows stayed open as much as possible. But we needed to close them at night to keep out the noise. The man who met us to open up the apartment was excellent and helpful. We were given one fan, and he brought over a second one the next day.

The bathroom is very small. I'm a tall man, but I think it was the first time I ever bumped my head on the ceiling light! The shower/tub was about five feet high, so I needed to sit down to shower, and when I finally maneuvered into position, my knees were scrunched up to my face (so glad that picture wasn't uploaded to Facebook!).

If you have trouble climbing steps, our apartment on the top floor should be avoided as they are very steep.

But here's the deal: this is the way the native Vernazzan's live. And the town is so unique, given its setting stuck between terraced vineyards on mountainous terrain and the Mediterranean sea, that the best way to see it is to live it - the same way the locals do. Vernazza is a paradise to visit, along with its four sister towns, all within hiking distance. The locals do not have A/C, they hang clothes out the windows to dry, and they love chatting with their neighbors day and night. It's a wonderful place to appreciate hard-working people in action in a seemingly relaxed community.

So YES, by all means stay at the Vintage Room! Just know it won't be the Hilton. And by the way, the free Wi-Fi was fantastic - better than some Hilton's I've stayed in!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Staying in Vernazza, the best of the five Cinque Terra towns!
Liked least: Size of bathroom
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing