“Nice meal at a charming restaurant”
Review of Ristorante Righi

Ristorante Righi
Price range: US$0 - US$127
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Two friends and I visited San Marino for one afternoon. We had a nice enjoyable meal at Righi there. We picked this place because it had a rustic look and a nice location. We shared a mixed meat and cheese platter. Nice quality meat as you would expect and some good local hard cheeses, served with honey, a new one on me but delicious. I had the Tagliatelle with Ragu. This for me was top notch. I do love a rich meaty rage and this did not disappoint. To finish I had a Tiramisu, this was quite pretty, came in a little seal-able jar. However this mean the portion was fairly small for €6 and I felt it lacked a boozy flavour. We washed all this down with a local bottle of San Marino red wine, a 2013 Sangiovese which was very tasty.

The restaurant is in a beautiful part of San Marion right up atop the mountain town. We had seats out on the courtyard in the early afternoon sun. Very nice place to eat and relax. Overall the food was very enjoyable and came to under €30 a head including tip. Which for 3 courses and wine, no one can complain about.

If I was ever to be in San Marino again, which is quite unlikely as its tiny, I would eat here again.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The location is the absolute highlight of this place. The food is ok, could use more seasoning, but it was quite an alright portion for lunch. Prices are reasonable as well.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Mediocre dinner, expensive, but attentive service. Food was served promptly. Nice views and convenient location Would not return.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Nice location on Piazza Libertà. We had varieties of small piadinas as starter, but their taste were mostly bland and boring. Our mains were good, especially the cockerel (small chicken). The pork rib with mashed potatoes was good too, but would be much better with some kind of rich sauce or gravy. We intended to have desserts, but due to slow service throughout the meal we changed our minds and asked for the check instead. They did have freshly squeezed orange juice - very delicious.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Restaurant with a great view and marvelous food in the heart of San Marino It's a bit of a climb, but worth it, superb views of the sunset from the Piazza della Liberta. Friendly staff who were happy to speak English, if you want to know about local wines ask the waiter - I did. I finished with a very special Tiramisu and the made a special desert for my wife due to her cheese and chocolate allergy.
Note: They were closingwhen we left at soon after 10pm.

Date of visit: June 2017