“Brilliant service & food”

Ristorante Abocar Due Cucine
Ranked #22 of 1,066 Restaurants in Rimini
Price range: US$40 - US$85
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kitchen that will automatically precedes to know new flavors , that run to get back in Italy in South America , offering a new experience every time you find yourself .
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We were recommended this restaurant by a local resident and decided to visit.

It’s not a place that you would easily find unless you know it’s there. It is really worth a visit. Probably the best food we ate while staying in Rimini.
The staff are very friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. The food is terrific. We went for the tasting menu for €39 which is very reasonable.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We had a great night with friends here at Abocar, the place is really cool with nice atmosphere and good service.

The interior design is beautiful and original.
As I said the staff ( Davide= my friend ) served us with experience and professional service, it was great!

Talking about the food: good quality and nice combinations of flavours.

Negative point: the portions are very poor, honestly after the dinner at Abocar we were still hungry.. but after all, nice experience!

I don’t know if I go back again, but I recommend to try!

Cheers

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Not for me as it's all about showing food more than eating it.
Pasta was cooked too shortly, second course fish too small of a portion to mention and dessert was one spoon of ricotta, some marmalade and three cherries served as an artwork. Would have loved some tagliatelle after leaving the place. Admit that I love the traditional food of this area so it was the wrong place for me.
Quite expensive, but many will be happy to pay for this kind of meal. Chapeau for the person who furnished and decorated the place.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 27 December 2015

Being Rimini-born but away for years, I did not know Abocar and went there with my wife for dinner on Christmas' Eve following the recommendation of a friend. We had a wonderful experience. Excellent up to outstanding food and wines - with a very interesting mix of tradition and experimentation, - very caring and expert service. The price was not cheap but very fair for the overall quality (and quantity). Thank you guys and keep up with the excellent trajectory.

Two very minor suggestions for the owners: a) improve the design of the menu and add some clarity about portion sizes, particularly if you keep offering good quantities of special nibbles and homemade bread; b) add some design element to the doors of the toilettes... it's the first thing customers see when entering into the restaurant and they are rather flat and out of sync with everything else in the environment.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 26 July 2015

My wife and I didn't have much information about Abocar, except is was Michelin recommended (not starred) and close to our hotel in Rimini. What a great surprise! Decoration is clean and modern, with nice music. Service is friendly and efficient. But what really stands out is the food. Contemporary cuisine, not too modern, very elegant, flavourful and well-made, respectful of (great) ingredients and showing perfect technique, international with italian touches. To sum it up: Abocar was one of the top-3 restaurants of our 15-day trip around Liguria, Emilia Romagna and Veneto (which included much more expensive and famous restaurants, such as Osteria Francescana in Modena). We would definitely go there again and recommend it for any food lover. Abocar deserves at least one Michelin star (maybe two)! Last but not least: prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality of the food. While in Rimini, don't miss it!

Date of visit: May 2015