All reviews attractive hotel staff could not have been more top floor beautiful garden italian style great location visit ravenna san vitale one night balcony courtyard sights key parking
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We found this hotel very central indeed. Easy enough walk to the very cheap 24 hours parking! In fact you check in, then drive round to the parking and walk back through one of the ancient treasures you have come to explore!

We chose an economic room, which was rather small but being on the ground floor very convenient and charming outlook onto the garden courtyard.

The breakfast was generous and could be enjoyed in the courtyard too.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel was in a perfect location for those wishing to visit the five mosaic locales. There is a parking lot maybe four blocks away, costing three euros per day. Breakfast was plentiful. The room was fine, but the walls are thin. The staff was very friendly and offered recommendations for dinner. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikehuberopa
Reviewed 22 February 2018

This is a modest, adequate hotel in a charming area very close to San Vitale and the other amazing sites of Ravenna. My main problem with the hotel is that I was driving and needed to drop off my luggage at the hotel before proceeding to the town parking area. The hotel is situated within a vast limited traffic zone with converging one way streets. There were no driving directions on the hotel's web site or in the communication from the hotel I received after completing my booking. Using GPS or following the local or Michelin city maps was of absolutely no help. The city parking area outside the limited traffic area (3 Euros per day) is fine, but the walk to the hotel from there is over cobblestoned streets and would be difficult with heavy luggage. My suggestion is that the hotel provide detailed driving directions on their website. A second problem I had was that I found the rooms to be very cold at this time in February. My initial room was on the top floor and there was a draft coming from a skylight located over the bed. They graciously changed my room to one on the ground floor, but I still found it chilly. I think the problem is that this is a stone building without central heating that can be difficult to heat during the cold winter. The room's electric heater seems insufficient to heat the whole room, especially if turned on only shortly before arrival. The problems I had would not be experienced in a warmer season or by traveler's not dependent on driving to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank esw19106
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a fantastic location. We chose it on the basis of the positive reviews posted on TripAdvisor..... and we were glad we did. The criteria I use ... location, a place to sit out , friendly staff and of course the all important excellent or very good reviews ! This hotel ticked all the boxes. Too lazy to walk from the train station with our bags, taxi cost €10, well spent! The website was excellent and we booked online. The staff could not have been more helpful with my room choice. I booked room 204.... it was spacious and has a balcony. It is walled in so no view but lovely to have the space. There a few of these rooms in the hotel. When is free and speedy enough. The garden is lovely and big. Breakfast is continental with lots of choice. The room was spacious and spotless. The ensuite was scrupulously clean. We stayed two nights.... you can hear your neighbours using their bathroom facilities but that is the only minor issue. You can easily stroll to all of the sights....it is so lovely. The only slight snag was having to bring your key with you if you are out after 10pm ..... this is a minor issue but we cut it fine one night .... we were so relaxed that we lost track of time....heart attack stuff!! Our fault.
I would recommend this hotel highly.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SeeWhatDSees
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Beautiful garden, small attractive hotel in a very central position. A few minutes walk from San Vitale and about a thousand shops! Breakfast is Italian style, the rooms are spacious and well maintained, staff friendly and helpful. Great location, gentile style. Very happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family