“We enjoyed, but had better”

Ristorante Osteria del Tempo Perso
Ranked #28 of 714 Restaurants in Ravenna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We shared an insalata mista, mixed salad, baked white fish, prepared with fennel. A bottle of water, and wine, the total was 59 Euro. I have not complaints, but not ready to put on the Michelin list.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here, it was a lovely experience the service was good, a varied menu, the food was cooked and served well, it was all so good that we ordered dessert - which did not disappoint. It was probably a little more pricey than some of the other restaurants we visited in Ravenna but you can see why and it is worth it.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Went in a group of 26 but this wasn't mass catering. Seafood risotto followed by plump, moist sea bass both with a local veridicchio followed by a light panna cotta with red fruits. Absolutely delicious. Service was friendly and swift. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

1  Thank Jilly G
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I have heart a lot good about this restaurant and so decided to give them a try.

I ordered:
- Risotto with shrimp carpaccio
- Veal with foie gras
- Canolli
accompagnied by red wine and a sweet wine for the "dolce".

Firstly they served a cold soup as "Amouse-Bouche". The soup and the home made bread tasted good and were a nice start for the upcoming dinner.

As my first course was the Risotto, I appreciated that they needed a lot of time to prepare it - a signt that the risotto is freshly cooked.
They are using black plate what gives a little bit special optic to the dishes. But well - at the end risotto is nothing what looks very good on a plate. They should have invested a little bit more in decoration - just some fresh herbs for example.
The fresh made Risotto tasted good - but not special, I missed a little bit the falvours of the fresh italian kitchen. The shrimp carpaccion topping the rice was nice, but tasteless. (Why not flavour or marinate it a little bit with good quality olive oil, lime and some fresh herbs?)

The main course - veal with foie gras was well done. The veal was cooked medium and served in a interessting sweet wine sauce. The foie gras was just short cooked on booth side and seasoned with salt.
All in all a stable and good dish.
The side: vegetables and potatoes slice were tasteless and cold.

The sweet - canoli filled with mascarpone cream was good. The cream filling didn't had a lot flavour but as the recipe comes with a lot fat, it tasted quite good...

Overall they did a good job and I had a very good meal. The only reason why I can just give a 4 rating: It is too expensive for the given experience.
At the end I paid 80 EUR for 3 courses, 0.375l red wine, a glas sweet wine and a bottle water.
For me it wasn't worth more than 40-50€

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We went without reservation, just because were passing by around.
We ordered two primo piatti: sorrentino filled with meat and Parmesan sauce and a shrimp risotto.
Both dishes were amazing. Traditional dishes with “risky” flavors that made a different experience of typically Italian dishes.
The desert was fine, not as amazing as the food.