All reviewscentre of bolognabase to exploreshuttle busthree starpitcheschaletfacilitieswifiessentialscityshampoo
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This is a well maintained and clean site with generous facilities and sizeable pitches, many shaded. The reception is open 24/24. Lovely swimming pool; there's a bar and restaurant, though the shop within the bar doesn't stock the usual campsite essentials and the location is not near any other shops, so be prepared in advance for that. Location was excellent for us - we cycled to the Due Torri in about 25 mins via mainly cycle routes - much quicker than trying to go by car and park nearer I would imagine. Main grumble is that the wifi is paid for and quite expensive and only patchy signal strength and often quite slow; don't see why some campsites persist with this annoyance; so 1 blob deducted from an otherwise perfect 5.

Room Tip: the pitches at the far end around the shower block are shady and some hard standing
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2017

Utilised this hotel while attending a rock concert just a few metres away. The facilities were clean, peaceful and relaxing.

I found the rooms to be excellent, considering that they promote themselves as a three star hotel. Cleaning was spot on as well. The bathrooms are well designed, hot water is plentiful, and shampoo, soap and towels changed daily. Extra shampoo (free) is also available on request from the cleaners.

Sure, the rooms were not the largest, but who goes on a holiday and stays indoors???

The 24-hour service at reception is nothing short of brilliant. The operators were friendly, good for a chat and a laugh... They were well educated and we found it really nice to have a talk with them while waiting for the shuttle bus to take us to the centre of Bologna.

The restaurant food next door is simply to die for. Italian excellence with superb pasta, mouthwatering sauces, brilliant selection of wines, and being Italian, you had a guarantee of it being good.

I have heard seen people complaining about the Shuttle bus which passes once or twice a day. That is simply untrue... The bus (number68) (a dedicated shuttle!!!) leaves the hotel at 7am, 9am, 11am , 1pm , 3pm , 5pm and 7pm... and arrives in the city centre within 15 minutes... The returns are at 40minutes past the hour up to 8.40pm!!! And the cost was 1.30Euros for 105 minutes. Excellent price.

And just 500metres up the road, for those who are in a hurry, bus number 25 passes every 6 minutes... Some people should think before writing.

Somebody else complained about prostitutes and I ask myself... WHAT does the hotel have to do with this practice? This work is popular in every major city that I have visited, and I feel it is totally unfair on the hotel to be saddled with this complaint.

When I booked, the staff advised me that the pool was being refurbished , but that it would be closed anyway since it is still winter... obviously. :-)

Being a camping site as well, I thought it was very well kept and very well equipped. The communal shower rooms and bathroom facilities were large, warm, super clean, and very accessible.

If there is anything however that hotels MUST get in mind is that wifi is vitally important in 2017. It really costs nothing at all to just install a few repeaters. the money saved in 3G would be spent in the bar, for sure. But it is a small niggle for me. For families with younger children, it is vital to have wifi.

All in all, a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Clean Country Air , Superb facilities
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2017

This is such a conveniently located campsite, and perfect for visits to one of our favourite cities. In late January, there were only two of us there in motorhomes, but the site is buzzing at other times of the year, especially if there is an exhibition at the local ‘fiera.’. The hard-standing pitches are the first to go, especially as they are alongside all the on-site facilities. The toilets, showers and wash-up areas are all well maintained, and they are warm and generously sized. Unlike some sites, the office is open throughout the day, and there is a good bar & restaurant open daily. A few basic consumables are also available to buy on-site. Being adjacent to the autostrada and the City’s ‘tangenziale,’, it’s a great place for stopovers too, just three hours driving from the ferry port of Ancona.

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank julie_mcpro
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We stayed here in August 2016 as part of our Italian road trip, We camped in our own tent that we pitched up in one of the spaces. The site has great facilities and is clean with shaded pitches that are reasonable size.

The site has a bus stop at the reception and buses come a few times each day to take people into Bologna which is very convenient. There is a swimming pool and bar/restaurant. We had a drink in the bar to use the wifi, not the friendliest service ever but prices were reasonable.

The main downside of the stay was that when we got up in the morning to make breakfast, I was bitten very badly by mosquitoes with multiple ones at a time on my legs as I was trying to knock them off. I would always use repellent at dusk when travelling but have never been bitten so badly during the day so it is best to put repellent on as soon as you get up. Other campsites did advertise that they sprayed for mosquitoes, we didn't see this in Bologna so perhaps this is something they could consider doing to help keep them at bay,

Other than the mosquitoes, the stay was good. It was well located, quiet and clean.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah-Louise
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel is bit of interior side. It's good if you are just looking for sleep at night. Rooms are very small.
Room cleaning service is excellent and reception staff is very supportive. No breakfast and WiFi coupons are provided from reception for 2 hours, no continuous WiFi connection was available which difficult for overseas travellers.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business