“Excellent!”
Review of Palazzo Fava

Palazzo Fava
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We visited the Astrid Kirchherr with The Beatles exhibition on Saturday. The exhibition was wonderful with lots of great stories on the handheld set, which is included in the ticket price. The space is great. The staff were very friendly and informative. I will definitely be visiting future exhibitions here. Highly recommend a visit to the Astrid Kirchherr exhibition is you are in Bologna!

1  Thank ZappaMuffin
"art"
in 4 reviews
"palazzo"

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Not only do you get to see the exhibition current at the time of your visit but you also get to see the painted room interiors by the Carracci Brothers famous bolognese artists of 16 century

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Erm, didn't actually get as far as the museum space. Waylaid by the excellent coffee and books in the hip & highbrow cafe. Great place do hang out and feel cultured without having to actually look at anything.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I'm relatively new to the world of early/mid 20th-century Italian art, but I love it, and therefore I was interested to see Costruire Il Novecento.

What a wonderful exhibit! Beyond simply enjoying the paintings aesthetically, I was particularly happy to discover the work of Osvaldo Licini and to learn more about Giorgio Morandi and Carlo Carrà.

In fact, one element I loved about this show was how much I learned via the (free) informative audio guide. Guests may listen to individual recordings for most paintings, and additional informational tracks are available for those wanting more background information about the artist. [As an aside, I will say I used the Italian language guide, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't available in English as well.] Each room also features dual Italian/English placards describing the artwork, artists and brief historical context.

I was so happy with the exhibit, that I promptly bought the show catalogue at the gift shop. (Which, by the way, has a number of nice little "gifts" for the folks back home.)

If you're looking for a pleasant way to spend an hour or so in Bologna, I highly recommend Costruire Il Novecento.

P.S. Look up from time-to-time...some of the ceilings of Palazzo Fava are beautiful! :-)

1  Thank Meghan J