“A most essential place to visit when in Bologna”
Review of Palazzo Fava

Palazzo Fava
Reviewed 27 September 2016

It currently has the Vermeer exhibition which was a must for me and I was not disappointed. Absolutely beautiful.

All reviews
"edward hopper"
"excellent exhibition"
"bolognese"
"artists"
"genes"
"century"

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We visited there the Edward Hopper exhibition. It gave us a complete overview of Hopper’s production. The Nighthawks was missing.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

I visited on the last day of the Edward Hopper exhibition facilitated by the Whitney Museum of American Art in Manhattan, and the 60 minute wait in the queue was absolutely worth it. The contrast between the superb Renaissance frescoes and ceiling above and Hopper's distinctive perspective and colours below were just stunning! I did not have time to visit the Medieval museum in the other wing but left a very happy man nonetheless. What a priceless space for art exhibitions ...

Reviewed 21 July 2016

We went to see the Edward Hopper exhibition which was excellent. We stayed for longer than expected, the audio guide was really informative and brought the paintings to life. However the building itself has amazing architecture and it's worth looking past the art on display to see the rooms themselves.
A good shop back on the ground floor, but only 1 ladies toilet which meant queues.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 July 2016

My four-dot review is due exclusively to the fact that this palace which was elegantly restored and has been and is the house of many important exhibits--I went to see recently the exhibit on Hopper--has only a miser bathroom for women and one for me. I think they could have been more generous in the allocations for bathrooms, especially knowing that the ladies' toilets are always crowded and with a huge line.
Having said that, the palace is really beautiful, with great frescoes on the ceilings of its rooms, which created a nice contrast to the painting by Hopper, when I went to visit his exhibit this past June.