Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
No more ready pasta for us

Reviewed 29 March 2016
Raspberrysorbet
Ice-cream Land
Tagliatelle class

My husband, Arnie, and I had a wonderful class making pasta from scratch. It was the first time for... read more

Reviewed 27 September 2018

from US$155.40
from US$11.50
from US$5.80
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 March 2016

We were visiting Bologna for the long weekend & I enquired about the pasta classes available. Our hotel (Star Excelsior) recommended & booked this for us.

My daughter & I signed up for the 3 hour session- we wanted to have a bit of fun while trying to learn something new. We do not speak Italian & were assigned one of the more accomplished students (who spoke a bit of English) to teach us. Alessandro kept a close eye & we thought he was hilarious & extremely animated.

We were very satisfied with the experience & it gave us many fond, happy memories.
At the end of the 3 hours, we were served lunch & wine (2 courses were our pasta, the third was a dessert).

Would highly recommend it.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 19 October 2015

We had lunch there last week after having enquired the day before about the activities of the school. Maybe if we had followed cooking classes, we would have liked it, however, the food we were served was pretty awful ! The wine was undrinkable and to charge 2,5 Euros/person cover charge is totally inadmissible for a cookery school. The next day we had a great lunch at the Pizzeria Il Portico - much, much better and cheaper than the scuola. A place to be avoided

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

On a whim, and because it was just down the street from where we were staying, I signed myself and my two kids up for a pasta making class. I've studied different kinds of cooking in various places, but this was a really lovely experience. It's very much a hands-on class, which is necessary for something like pasta where you gauge much of the proceedings by feel and where it takes some practice to get things right.

We made and cut the dough for tagliatelle, tortellini, tortellone, farfalle, and some other things. While waiting for our pasta to rest before cutting it, we helped more advanced students make filings and fill tortellini. Our instructor, Alessandro, was hilarious, and he really helped show us the reasons behind how you roll out the dough, how dry and thin it needs to be for the different types of pasta, etc. He was very engaging with my kids too, who now want to make pasta at home.

Afterward we got to have a delightful lunch of tortellini in brodo, tagliatelle al ragù, and tortellone. Everyone at the school was helpful and sweet, and many of them are of the same family. I believe the lessons would work whether or not you speak Italian, but it helped that I speak some Italian, as there were some translations I could help with.

Regardless of whether you end up putting your newfound skills to use, it gives one a much deeper appreciation of the effort and tradition behind one of the best cuisines in the world -- Bolognese cooking!

Date of experience: June 2015
3  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

Had no real idea of what to expect, but thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Class goes through the basics - ideal for somebody who's only ever ripped the top off a pack of penne before. Good fun and now not daunted by the prospect of wielding a 1m+ rolling pin!

1  Thank Moinoniin
Reviewed 5 November 2014

I was the only American tourist taking the class, so I had to do all the mixing, rolling, and folding myself. My teacher, Carla, was very patient with me "pinch, pinch, pinch" and I did a pretty good job making tortellini, tortelloni, and tagliatelle. After you make the pasta, they cook it for you and serve it with a sauce. I really liked the pork tortellini in brodo and the tagliatelle with meat sauce. That was some of the best pasta I had on my trip.
The school is just a few blocks north of Neptune's fountain on the piazza. Also, they provide a locker for you to store your things while you cook.

Date of experience: October 2014